Photos, What can you tell me about this T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Photos, What can you tell me about this T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:54 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 12:10 pm:

My guess is an unrestored typical European collector car. This would meet the normal criteria for a "Edwardian" tour car. I would guess this photo taken on a car run in the not to distant past.

The spare wheel on the running board is a rather common English treatment, by changing the wheel rather than the tire. Just remove the wheel on the car and leave the hub in place. Then slide the spare wheel over the hub tighten the nuts on the wheel bolts and you are off and running again. The Rambler cars of the era provided a complete spare wheel and tire assembly for replacement on the hub.

Just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 12:17 pm:

I can tell you, with absolute certainty, that it would look perfect in my garage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 12:20 pm:

Looks to be a 1911 with a 1913-1914 rear axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 12:23 pm:

I can tell you it belongs to Neil Tuckett. I've sat in the car at Neil's place outside London. Great car. I took these pictures in Neil's shed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 12:42 pm:

I can tell you I like it. As a part time "Patina" guy it is wonderful. Especially against that white background.
Thanks for posting it
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 05:28 pm:

Royce, what is the cylindrical thing sticking out of the intake manifold?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 05:34 pm:

That is a transmorgrifier.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 06:21 pm:

Looks more like a flux-capacitor!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 08:00 pm:

Don't you use a Mr. Fusion with a flux-capacitor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 07:55 am:

Erich it is some sort of accessory "economizer" valve with a dash control. Many varieties of accessory like this were made for Model T's, they essentially are the same as a failed intake gasket when in operation. Which is to say worthy of conversation, but not good for performance! The whole point of such gimmicks was to separate the consumer from a few bucks.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration