Old Photo, Clean centerdoor at showroom

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo, Clean centerdoor at showroom
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 11:00 am:

Must not have any oil in it yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 11:09 am:

No air either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 04:06 pm:

Nice! A photo that clearly shows which brackets were used to mount the side-lamps onto a center-door sedan! Do you have any idea how hard I had to look for that evidence when I restored my '15/'16 about twenty years ago? I finally settled on those brackets mounted where those are. Then as long as I had the car I had to listen to people telling me I was wrong. There, you can see it.
I wish I still had the car.
Thank you Erich!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 12:03 am:

Glass negative on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5X7-Glass-Plate-Negative-1918-Ford-Model-T-Sedan-/390729 305586?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item5af9480df2&nma=true&si=9eT9yox49uVR%252BMJVr wukca%252Be2f4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Prior discussion related to photo:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/409333.html?1387585699

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 12:23 am:

Tyres are different front to back and could use some air.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 02:34 am:

I mentioned in a previous post about seeing an original Centerdoor that had an inlet manifold that was longer than normal putting the carby lower in the car.

Somewhere I have photo's of this car but a search so far has not turned them up. I suspect they are color slides.

This car also had what I was told were original sidelights which were electrified ( from memory by the magneto) i have never been able to confirm this.
It would appear to me that the magneto would have been hard pressed to power both head and side lights.

This car appeared to be a top condition barn find with original paint and trim which was in great condition. From memory ( 30 plus years ago ) this car went to Canada.

Any comments??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 03:21 am:

Peter;

Sounds like the '15 Centerdoor that Bill Barth found only a few blocks from the Piquette Ave. Plant back in the '80's. It was sold to John Potter. The '15-16 Centerdoors had the gas tank under the rear seat so a longer intake manifold was used to get the carburetor lower to increase the gravity flow. I observed John on one tour when he was down to about 2 - 3 gallons of gas. The car wouldn't go up a VERY slight rise from the street into a golf club parking lot. He had to back it in. It was a great illustration of how the longer manifold didn't completely mitigate the issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 04:02 am:

Warren, That's the car, wonder where it is now?
I'm sure some here would like to see some of the details.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 06:31 pm:

Peter,
If this is the car I am thinking about John sold it to Bill Yunt and he sold it to someone in the States and later Kim Dobbins got it and later sold it again to someone (?)
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 08:16 pm:

Thanks Don,
No further advanced though, Someone must have photo's of this car and it would be of interest to a lot of people as it is a rare model in the range of Model T's. Seems more of a rarity than Couplets of the era.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration