Photos?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Photos?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 01:49 pm:

why cant I upload photos anymore, they worked before
says I exceed pixles or something it use to work
as is

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 01:53 pm:

does this work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 01:55 pm:

also username and password goes away how cant it
dont remember me for the last two days?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 02:13 pm:

Make a copy of your picture and resize the copy to 194KB or less.

When I type the first letter of my user name in the box the whole name appears. All I have to do then is click on the user name and proceed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 08:02 pm:

The problem with your name and password is totally within your computer. It may be something to do with "cookies" (don't ask me too much) in your computer. It does have something to do with various settings or preferences. They probably changed because of some #^% @#$ *&* $%# automatic updates your computer received while you were not looking. As you can tell, I don't like them messing up my settings either.
As to picture posting. I have done very little since the last past major upgrade to my computer screwed up the photos program I used. Most computer programmers grew up wasting their childhoods playing Super Mario Brothers. They DO NOT understand that most of the people in the world don't want to play "hide and seek looking for the magic life" otherwise known as the icons you used to be able to find.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 07:45 am:

You said it Wayne & Jeff. I'll try again sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 08:24 am:

Wayne..your last comments certainly pretty much summed up the world of Windows 8!! If you don't have it, do yourself a favor and don't ever get it!!
And I LOVE chocolate chip cookies, but the computer ones are flat tasting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 08:59 am:

And worse yet several courts have ruled that the cookies on your machine do not belong to you and by you leaving them in your machine you agree to the developer of that cookie retaining certain information about and your online habits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 09:21 am:

Yeah...I miss XP.
Win 7 is just not as user-friendly.
After two years I still can't make this bloody thing do some of the stuff I used to be able to do with XP.
Why can't "they" stop improving things till they're no damn good?
(they've done the same thing with cars and small airplanes)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 09:30 am:

so everyone is saying I somehow have to make smaller
pics? How you do that. All of mine are put in my
docs, then files in there folders. Seems to be only
this site requiring a certain size, however it worked before (not long ago).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 09:32 am:

Now I'm confused? How in the world did this pic
work same file same camara same everthing?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 09:37 am:

Now I shall try again see if this works and if it
does I havent changed anything ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 09:39 am:

Because the picture size is 40,381 bytes which is within the limits right click on any picture then click on properties and look for size or file size anything larger than 200,000 generally will not post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 09:40 am:

confused even more, how come this big picture
worked????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 09:47 am:

Because it's only 184K. Pictures have two kinds of sizes, their physical size on the screen and the number of kilobytes (K) storage that they take up.

The key is to get the storage size down below 195K or so.

As far as physical size, when I resize my pictures I use a program called Corel Paintshop Pro. I resize them to 7.9 inches wide and 120 dots per inch (dpi). It seems to work well, the picture below is 160K.

engine01

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 09:53 am:

I stopped trying to load photos, Mine never seem to work. They are always to big and I'm not computer smart enough to make them smaller so I just give up. There is my whole Touring car remake photo album I would love to show plus many trips that I can't upload. But I don't cry over spilled milk and move on. Im sure that one day in the future the program will be available for even computer stupid people like me will be able to post photo's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 09:58 am:

Samuel also check the settings on your camera if they are set to "Fine" you are usually looking at a picture 1680 pixels X 1240 pixels if this is what your camera is recording those pictures can easily exceed 4-6 megabytes try reducing the settings on your camera to take pictures at 720 X 480 pixels that will help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 10:11 am:

For anyone who has problems resizing pictures to fit on this forum. There is a wonderful free tool at

http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

called photo resize. It just doesn't get ANY simpler. You drag your picture file to the photo resize icon ... and that's it!!! No starting programs, no selecting parameters- NOTHING! Just drag and drop.

Read the page above and see how easy it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 10:29 am:

My dear fellow geezers: Most young folks today are raised on computers. If you're having trouble posting pictures, get some kid to show you how.

Resizing pictures on a Mac is easy. If you're stuck with a Windows machine, not so much. Maybe I haven't used Windows enough to find the easiest way.

I dislike the idea of setting the camera for low resolution. I keep mine set to shoot 3648 2736 pixels so I can get the most fine detail possible. Then if I want to post it on a forum I make a COPY of it and resize the copy so I still have the original with full detail if I need it for something else.

All the forums I use do have a size limit. This one, using the oldest software, has the lowest limit. The number that works for me here is 194KB or lower.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 10:42 am:

I agree with Steve, it is usually not a god idea to reduce the size (and quality) of photos your camera is set to take. Always take photos a the highest quality setting and you will have an option to crop to a specific part of the image and if you do get a wall hanger you will have the quality for a nice print.

Too many times I've seen otherwise very nice photos that would have made very nice photos to print if only the camera had not been set on the crappiest quality setting. Memory cards are quite cheap today and there is not reason to to get the best photos out of the camera possible.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 12:11 pm:

It seems I left out a whole sentence! (senior moment) the last should have read "if you don't have the software as a last resort try reducing the settings on your camera to take pictures at 720 X 480 pixels that will help"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 12:47 pm:

I have a windows computer. I have Adobe Photo Shop. I have a separate file of pictures I post on the forum. Those pictures are copies, so I don't change the originals. On those pictures, I open the picture on Adobe, then go to Image and change the resolution to 170. Then close. The pictures changed to 170 load right into the forum.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 01:29 am:

Sorry, I haven't responded to several comments. To mire me more into madness, I have been off-line for over a week thanks to a failed phone line and AT&T's incompetence in repairing it incorrectly. They replaced my line which has carried DSL for several years with a "voice only" line. They have a record of what it was before it failed and spent days arguing with us that the new problem was not their fault. Until they found out that it was.

Mark S, I have been using Corel Photo programs for years. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am told that it is no longer being supported in its older forms, and this last past upgrade to my computer may be the last I can use Corel. My eldest son had to find and acquire an obsolete version of Corel to work with my new operating system. And I do not know off the top of my head WHAT it is?!

I, too, copy my photos before I modify them for posting. I keep the non-modified photo in my photo files for future use and put the modified photo in a separate "share" folder. I can "re-size" the photos in my old Corel Photo, but haven't found how to do it yet in the newer version. I also can often get a photo to post on here by simply cropping the photo in size physically. That I could do on my old computer's built-in operating system. Again, I haven't found it on my recent upgrade.

Thanks to AT&T, I have been off-line for just over a week, and it looks like it will take at least a MONTH to catch up just on this forum!!!! Then there is my email! Both of them seem to be growing as fast as I try to rush through them!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 09:20 am:

Samuel!! with you pixs to hard, I gave up. why is it so hard here when e-bay is so easy. oh I always have to put in my password. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 09:31 am:

I can't remember where the best free online resizing sites are, so every time I need to resize a photo, I google it: http://goo.gl/HLl1BU
All of them work, some of them may be easier than others for you, just try :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 09:36 am:

Wayne I just dumped AT&T they raised my data rates last year and I complained so the raised them again this year and slowed my connection speed... so after 30 years with the same phone service I bit the bullet and went completely wireless and I am spending less with Verizon for cell and internet and I get a faster connection speed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 10:46 am:

I use IrfanView to resize photos. It's free at the authors site and works well.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration