Project pics

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Project pics
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By greg ragland on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 04:53 pm:

I thought it would be nice to share pics of your current projects. I will start with one of mine.1925 pickup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 05:28 pm:

Waiting for its "new" rear spring and rebuilt axle. Some parts will be coming from Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By greg ragland on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 06:17 pm:

This is a front view of the pickup body I built for my chassis. front view

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 07:48 pm:

Nice on the Pee Up.
How tall are the jack stands you made for under the rear of a T? I will make a pair soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 08:17 am:

Here is the latest update... since this photo was taken I have taken the front axle off for rebuilding. Some "smart" previous owner welded the wishbone onto the front axle to compensate for messed up spring perch threads. After cutting the perch nuts off with an angle grinder, I'm hoping I can push the perch remnants out with an air chisel. If not, I'll be looking for a new front axle...

Model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 08:33 am:

Been working on the body during the winter. Ready for primer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By greg ragland on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 09:09 am:

Dave, Do you have any pictures of the building of your speedster body. I would love to see it as it progressed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 10:35 am:

Here's a picture from last weekends work on my 16 coupelet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 11:05 am:

Greg - here's a quick progression...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 11:21 am:

Zachary I couldn't help but notice the chainsaw... is that tool useful in working on a model T?? Sorry I couldn't resist:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 11:23 am:

And here are a few of the rear body, the fuel door and the battery/storage door, seats, and floorboards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold R Carpenter - Fair Grove, MO on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 12:06 pm:

My project has been stalled for six months due to illness and a very horrible winter. But, SPRING is just around the corner. I am going to Chickasha tomorrow and will jump back on the project when I return.1924 Coupe Project1924 Coupe Project1924 Coupe Project

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 02:44 pm:

Zachary. Your project and mine look like brothers... I bought a 27 Sport Touring and almost have her ready to go again. Engine turned into a can of worms, So I took it to Tulsa and had it rebuilt. Im picking it up at Chickasha this week. While it was out I did a repaint of the outside and conservation of remaining original paint. It was a very nice car with lots of original unrestored features, but had a sorry repaint on the outside that stripped off with a steam cleaner. I know the outside paint, top material, and uphoulstery has been replaced but the rest of the car was so nice I decided to conserve as much remaining "original" as possible. Im going to call it 1/2 original and 1/2 ass restored. The Davis S-3 tire is a genuine WW2 era issue that Im leaving as the spare for the history it can tell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 02:47 pm:

projectproject 2project 3project 4project 5project 6project 7

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 03:24 pm:

To day I did a rear axle rebuild
Toon
as
as
as
as

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 03:27 pm:

Don Barker.....Thanks for posting the pictures of your speedster. I really like the "cockpit" design you created. What kind of wheels are those?

Please post more pics as you move forward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 04:11 pm:

I did a frame-up restoration of the Express Delivery in my profile pic and took it on a few tours. I didn't like how heavy it was, so I took the wooden body off the chassis and sold it. I'm now in the process of getting a Runabout body ready for paint. I bought an interior kit and a top kit from Elizabeth at Classtiques, which I will pick up at Chickasha.

run

The chassis is all finished, so I'm not having to start from scratch to build a new car. Gotta' get it on the road for this touring season!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 05:35 pm:

Zachary D., DON'T use an air hammer on your perches, in fact, anything else that you're trying to push out. That will swell the perch and only make it tighter. That's why air hammers are great for riveting. I sent you a pm. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 06:00 pm:

My current project is a 24 Touring. The engine and transmission is done. I'm all set to start the rear end. Frame is done. I will get back to finishing the body when the warmer weather gets here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By greg ragland on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 07:31 pm:

Dave, I really like your speedster. I plan to build one some day, but have too many projects going right now. Thanks for showing yours.

Mike, I am also picking up upholstery and top kit (24 touring) from Classtique at Chickasha. Since you are close would you care if I looked in while you do your seat back so I can have a better idea how to do mine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 08:03 pm:

Thanks, Greg and Dana. The wheels are Simplex. Had them re-built at Dayton Wire Wheel last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 11:40 pm:

Greg -- I don't mind at all. C'mon by sometime. It'll be a case of the blind leading the blind though, since I haven't done one like this before. I expect it'll be a learning experience for both of us. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 08:46 am:

G.R:
The chainsaw is a very useful Model T tool. What do you think I used to make my new floorboards? (Ha!)

Donnie:
Your T is looking great. I wish mine had original paint to save but pretty much all that is left is surface rust. I'm finishing up a mechanical restoration, then I plan to drive it as-is for most of the year. Once the cold comes back in the fall, I'll tear her down completely and do the cosmetic work. Hopefully I'll have her mostly ready to go for spring 2015. We will see if I make that.

Dave Stroud:
I wish I had seen your post before I used the air hammer. I found several guys on different sites talking about driving spring perches out with an air hammer. Hopefully I didn't make the d@#^ things impossible to remove. I didn't hit them much with the air hammer. A few blows while the axle was glowing red to see if it would move. No dice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 09:16 am:

When I removed a stubborn perch, I fastened the perch in a large vice, heated the axle with the oxy/acetylene torch until red and turned the axle while I used a spud bar as a lever to put upwards pressure on the axle. After much heating and a lot of work I got them separated without damage to either part.

Here's my current project, a primitive pick up..
(the spruce and pine bed will be painted black)
primiTive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold R Carpenter - Fair Grove, MO on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 07:10 pm:

Gr
I am wondering if you are mistaking a leaf blower for a chain saw. I do not see a chain saw in any of the pictures of Zachery's shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 07:20 pm:

Harold First picture Zachary posted on the floor next Right front tire

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 06:55 am:

Got the first coat of paint on the body. Hopefully a second coat today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 09:46 am:

My project is trying to solve the photo resizing
thing, if this works (I sent it to my paint program
and cut it 50%)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 10:04 am:

I'd say your project was a success Samuel :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 11:13 am:

Greg,
like the body sent you a message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Voss on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 12:44 pm:

Looking good Dave are driving it on Saturday HA HA

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 01:39 pm:

Holy smokes Gary from ecuador wheres that I'm just
growd'ed old man and never left town.. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 06:44 pm:

This is a 16yr. project that I'm finally getting to paint. Some of you will remember this truck at Chickasha in 2000 in bare aluminum. I will take you along as time permits as this is an after work project. Group 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 06:54 pm:

Group 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 07:20 pm:

Group 3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 07:22 pm:

Wow Tom, that's really going to be something special when it's done, great job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 07:45 pm:

I like it Tom.
Looks something like what I built in 1979, the only difference is I lived in Alaska and only had a skill saw, hand belt sander ,a small electric hand drill and some of my grandfathers hand tools.
I may stop in and see you next week, I'll be in town for my Brother-in -laws funeral.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 08:26 pm:

Tim - paint won't be dry yet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 09:08 pm:

Well Bob, I'd say that's a heck of a job considering what you had to work with. Sorry about your brother-in-law and feel free to stop by as we always welcome people to tour our shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 12:50 am:

very nice, Tom - what kind of paint are you using? I have a couple projects I need to paint and I am trying to come up with the safest type I can, just curious what your using.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 05:44 pm:

Today painted fenders black. I pull the tape as soon as I finish cleaning the gun, while the paint is still wet. That way the edges lay down and you don't risk pulling the field color off where you shouldn't. You just have to remember to keep your fingers and the tape out of the wet paint! I am using Delstar acrylic enamel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 06:36 pm:

Those look like they could be Rootlieb fenders. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 06:56 pm:

Make;
Ya think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By greg ragland on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 11:41 am:

Warren, I designed and built the body myself. Dave, I love the way your speedster is looking.
Mike Walker, Nice to finally get to meet you at Chickasha. I hope our schedules let us get together and tinker with the T's sometime.1925 pickup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Monday, March 24, 2014 - 11:16 pm:

Greg
could you pm me a phone number for questions on the body please.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration