Old Photo, another new Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo, another new Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 06:35 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 06:59 pm:

I don't think that is an old photo or a new car. Background and racking looks very modern. Front fender is bent. Rad shroud has chipped paint near the top and lower section looks beat up. Two funny bent rods on front suspension. And what is it with the one oil lamp sticking way out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 07:07 pm:

Tires are modern Universal T-drivers

Tread pattern is one of the first things I usually look for when trying to figure out if a photo is old or new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 07:20 pm:

The radiator chips might be light reflections (seems to be a lot of reflections on the rest of the car). The sidelight brackets are the style for a truck or depot hack. They should be the type that mounts the lights almost flush with the
windshield posts. The front axle appears to have an accessory set of springs/shocks. Also the wheels look like the 1922 steel felloe type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:05 pm:

I also noticed the drivers side headlight lens is turned and possibly cracked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:07 pm:

Who ever put those stupid sidelights on, should be sent out in the ocean and sunk!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 11:14 pm:

Good eyes you guys. It sure isn't a T era photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 11:25 pm:

The great depth of field points toward a modern small format camera.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 01:22 am:

It has H&D type shock absorbers. One of the first things that caught my eye was the black painted wheel rims.
And those side-lamps do look terrible.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sosnoski on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 07:36 am:

It's not the sidelight brackets that are wrong - the side lights don't belong at all. The 24-25 closed cars did not have side lights.

It's also missing the visor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 08:54 am:

Nevertheless Erich, thanks for posting it. It's still good to see the car and a bit of an education on how to spot a not so old, old photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 07:29 pm:

Also has a bent front fender...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 07:59 pm:

Steve I mentioned that in my first post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 10:21 pm:

I have a couple of those I'm taking to Chickasha. They look just like that one -- shiny black paint, somewhat bent. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 10:39 pm:

Boy! You guys are picky, picky, picky. I think it's a really fine looking Toyota.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration