OT - The toll free call

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - The toll free call
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 11:01 am:

Got a call from our power company just now wanting us to sign on to a appliance warenty/repair program.She said it would take care of the furnace,refer,hot water heater,washer,and dryer.When i asked if she was sure if it would cover my heat she said weather it was gas or electric it would be covered! I told her we have fuel oil she said it would not be covered.I told her that was ok as we could not afford oil so we heat with corn! When she said corn would not be covered i told her we would gladly convert to their gas she said it was not available! I said her plain still had merit because we loose power often and have to rely on our generator! I said i9t would be nice if they would inspect their lines for bad poles and trees! About 40 years ago these people had plains for a nucke plant less than 5 miles from a large local town! Power was then told to be so cheap it would not need to be metered!!!!!!! Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 02:11 pm:

good for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 02:31 pm:

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in larger utility companies. Every 2 or 3 months I get a call from Pacific Gas and Electric Co. They are promoting discounts for low income folks with BIG SAVINGS for electricity use. I guess that's OK (of course it means the rest of us pay the difference), but there's only one problem. We don't buy electricity from PG&E, only natural gas. Where I live we are served by a local utility district called Modesto Irrigation District, which provides our electricity.

You'd think they's know that much.....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration