Gas Tank Tumbler with Cement Mixer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Gas Tank Tumbler with Cement Mixer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Markley on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 11:41 am:

After reading some of the posts on this, I wanted to share my experience with cleaning my 26 roadster cowl tank. Found a Red Lion Mixer on the local facebook yard sale for $100. Put about 4 pounds of sharp gravel in the tank and put the cap on. (Left the drain open) Got an old king size comforter from the wife and doubled it up and carefully inserted into the mixer. (It spins at about 24 RPM)
Used a 2x4 and quick clamp to vary the angle to move things around well. The result was a pan full of rust, scale and dirt. Will be cleaning the inside with water based cleaner and doing the etch and seal thing to make things all good!

Side View of Mixer

After 2 hours of spinning

(Message edited by adminchris on March 17, 2014)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 11:53 am:

My ex wife used one of those things to make brownies...

She dressed to kill and cooked the same..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 02:11 pm:

You got brownies? And you let her get away? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 08:37 pm:

I buried her.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration