C-Cab Doors with no Curtain Holes?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: C-Cab Doors with no Curtain Holes?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 12:50 pm:

I ran across some information from the Benson Ford Archives that eludes to the early C-Cab doors not having the mounting holes on top for the curtains. Then a friend said he had heard someone tell of this also. My question is this. Has anyone seen these (would be early 1924) doors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 04:00 pm:

The engine in my C Cab dates it to August 4, 1924, so it is within 8 months of when they were introduced, and it has the holes in the top of the doors for the side curtains.

Maybe they realized very early after the C Cab introduction that the holes were forgotten?

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 05:09 pm:

I am in possession of our family's 1924 (Dec. '23) TT C-Cab Express purchased new by my Gramps in Seattle - it has the curtain rod holes also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 11:36 pm:

The early 24's had a lower roof than the later 24's. Since there was no provision for storing the curtains overhead, then where were they stowed?

I have a few photos of these 24's and also a factory one of the low style roofs. Here's one from an early 24.roof

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration