1918 center door

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1918 center door
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 12:55 pm:

This is my 1918 center door,my first t .I just figured out how to resize the pic.Does anyone know anything about the ornament on the cowl,I was told it is period correct. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 12:58 pm:

Hey Jack, that's a beautiful car. Can you take another picture of the ornament - more of a close up of it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 01:22 pm:

Ok let me try to crop and zoom,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 02:30 pm:

I would have to look closer to be sure. It could be a Motometer light? If it is, now you need a nice early style Motometer to go with it. That type Motometer light must be fairly rare. I have been playing with these things for over 45 years now and only have seen a few of them.
Nice center-door sedan! I wish I still had the one I used to have.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 03:22 pm:

Very nice first T :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 03:29 pm:

It does not appear to be a Motometer light. I have several NOS ones. The ones I have attached to the Motometer to light it up so the driver can view the temperature of the coolant as indicated by the thermometer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 03:32 pm:

Is this item wired and does it light up? It appears to have several "jewels".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 04:30 pm:

Yes its wired and lights up I dont have it hooked up but there is another smaller on the dash to light it up that looks very old also

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 05:41 pm:

That's a Nice Car!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 07:21 pm:

Nice car, Jack! I heard of an '18 Sedan for sale a month or so ago in Ft. Smith. Is this that car?

Here is a link to the Arkansas Tin Lizzies website: www.ArkansasTinLizzies.com. You might like to join in some of our activities. You just missed our winter technical meeting last month, but we also have three tours each year. We'll be touring in Louisiana late next month. Info is on the website.

Feel free to stop by my shop in Fayetteville whenever you're up this way. My cell phone number is 479-790-4229.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

Wayne I believe you are right,I turned it on tonight and sure enough it shines on the radiator cap pretty cool. thanks,Mike I bought it about october last year in fort smith,It was owned by JL hughs,He owned it for 25 years and never touched it.He bought it from the Meeks family,Gerald Meeks was a charter member of the fort smith antique auto club.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 10:54 pm:

COOL Jack.......now you need a Motometer!
Gotta love toys....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 08:30 am:

Is your car still as delivered in 1918? It should be a non starter car with a twist lighting switch on the steering column?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 08:59 am:

Larry it has a 21 engine and probaly a slight restoration in the 60,S but still has the original interior

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ron lemmerman on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 09:37 am:

Would love to see some pics of the interior

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 10:32 am:

A motormeter light? Who knew there was such a thing! What a great idea though. I usually end up shining the flashlight from my phone so I can double check that the temp is ok if I happen to be caught driving in the dark. Also, I really need to figure out some sort of way to light the "interior" of my speedster when it's dark - you can't see ANYthing. I really wish my bicycle speedometer was back-lit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 02:09 pm:

Seth.......put in a dash light.
I had the same problem with my '19 Touring.
I bought a repop that had no switch but I connected it directly to the light terminals on the switch.......don't need it if I'm not using the headlights anyway....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 02:28 pm:

Hey Craig, I have a nice piece of hickory that I'm going to make a dash out of. I have a super cool hefty brass headlamp switch and eventually want to get a brass Jones speedo, and John F Regan voltmeter in a correct T gauge. I just want it to all be brass and tie together with the rest of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 02:47 pm:

I just scraped a bit inside the dash light hoods of the original in my '27 Tudor and the re-pop in the Touring.
The '27 hood is brass beneath the paint....... :-)
The re-pop must be aluminum.
I bet John Danuser has an original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 05:57 pm:

Keep your eyes open when you go to the antique stores. I found a NOS dash light at one a couple of years ago. Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration