Warford Truck gearbox worn gear.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Warford Truck gearbox worn gear.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerard de Bruin on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 05:09 pm:

I have a problem with a Warford cast iron TT truck gearbox. The gear in the middle of the bottom gears is worn. The teeth are half gone.
Where can I find a new gear? Or can someone help me with a good used gear?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 06:40 pm:

It appears that you managed to get the gear pressed off of the cluster shaft...good. I believe that it is a standard 6 pitch gear...you just need to get it made or buy a stock gear(steel, hardened) from some gear house, eg. Boston Gear. The low sliding gear (its mate) is probably worn too, but that is another matter. It can be done. Actually, someone should be making this replacement gear set....it is the only worn part of a Warford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 06:55 pm:

Here is an exploded view of the gear and bearing components of the Warford 6 transmission. This photo could be of some help to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 07:05 pm:

Oops, I forgot to attach the photo.

warford gears

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerard de Bruin on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 01:49 am:

Thank you John,

This is the only worn gear, the sliding gear seems to be in very nice condition. Maybe this one is replaced before or is made of another material.

Gerard

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration