26-27 Coupe and Roadster Spare Tire Mount Brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 26-27 Coupe and Roadster Spare Tire Mount Brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 01:38 am:

Today, while loading for Chickasha, I found two 26-27 spare tire mount brackets (the ones between the body and the tire, not the gooseneck used on sedans and touring cars). I put them in the trailer and later George Clipner noticed that one was slightly longer than the other by the thickness of the flanges on both ends (about a half inch). Upon further examination, we noticed that one had three mounting holes in a triangular pattern with two holes at the bottom, and one hole at the top on the body mount end. The other had four mounting holes, two holes at the top and two holes at the bottom on the body mount end. Both had the same part number cast into each mount, but each had a different manufacturers or vendors mark. Also, each had another series of three letters and/or numbers that were different from each other. The one with the three holes matches the mounting holes in my 27 coupe's body panel. Anybody got any ideas on this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Henry on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 02:02 am:

Both were used on the Coupes / Roadsters. I would guess that the 4 bolt holes is early 26 and the other is late 26/27. My Coupe body has the 3 bolt pattern but I don't know if it is an early or late model. There were a lot of minor changes to the bodies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Mclellan on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 05:59 pm:

The 27 coupe I'm working on has the 4 bolt, so maybe they were random through 26-27. This coupe is Canadian made if that makes any difference?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration