OT - Heine-Velox Ė The Piano Manís Pride - One of the Most Unique and Expensive 1920s Cars Ever Built

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Heine-Velox Ė The Piano Manís Pride - One of the Most Unique and Expensive 1920s Cars Ever Built
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 06:51 am:

The Henie-Velox was the most expensive and unique automobile built in the U.S. in the early 1920s. It featured an OHV V-12 engine, four-wheel brakes and was slated to sell for
between $17,000 and $25,000. See many more photos and learn all about it @ http://theoldmotor.com/?p=116322

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 02:34 pm:

And I thought Pierce Arrow was the only car with fender mounted headlights! That lower pic is a keeper for me, as I repair player pianos!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 02:45 pm:

It looks heavy enough to be an armored car. On the Old Motor site the paint job in the last photo is very nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Haynes on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 03:54 pm:

The Old Motor is the best for great early cars.
Thanks, David.
My day would not be complete without looking at what you have offered up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 04:36 pm:

At that price my guess is they didn't sell very many. What would $25,000 look like in todays money? I bet that OHV V-12 engine pushed that car like crazy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 04:44 pm:

Via an inflation calculator: $25,000 in 1920 is equal to $293,476.25 in today's money

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 04:45 pm:

David Dewey, too bad you're in CA. Mine needs work. Know anybody in the Detroit, MI area?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 09:34 pm:

Marty,
Not that I can think of, but if you'd like, I'll ask on the Mechanical Musical Instruments blog. Oh, you could try Player-care.com, a lot of us player techs are listed there.
David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 12:33 am:

Reminds me of the "Horse Collar" Franklins in a way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:35 am:

David D et al,
Would you believe that Metz offered fender mounted headlamps as an option in 1914? I think Pierce Arrow may have objected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 09:34 am:

Hopefully today is the day that my Ampico-A Fisher Grand piano plays again. The works is coming back from the shop after many months being worked on. Jerry Biasella (Chicago area) was given the contract. I like Jerry a lot and he has done some magnificent restorations.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration