Chickasha: When's the best day to be there?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Chickasha: When's the best day to be there?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 12:44 pm:

What day is the best to be at Chickasha? Thursday or Friday? And, what time does the swap meet close on Friday?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Pitts on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 12:47 pm:

Wednesday in the parking lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 12:53 pm:

Thursday is the top sales day. Friday afternoon is when many leave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 01:55 pm:

I usually get the best deals on Friday on the items that get overlooked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 02:17 pm:

Wed while everyone is showing and selling in the lot east before they are allowed in at 4 p.m. Thursday they will have things scattered out so you can see what you missed the day before

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 02:22 pm:

If you can only do one day I suggest thursday. Everything is out for sale by then. Best deals are friday if it has not already sold. Parking lot on wednesday is good for the items you can see on the trailers but a lot is not visiable. Prices are useally still high on wednesday... But Peter, if you want to buy the things I want to buy, I suggest you stay home ... ha just kidding, the more people the better it is ..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 02:24 pm:

I forgot ... It is basically over by noon Friday. People are starting to load and getting ready to leave by then ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 04:13 pm:

Well, now that I think about it, I really don't know why I asked this question! I'm can only be there on Friday, so hopefully there will be a few things still for sale...

P.S. Donnie, I have a Fordor Why would I need Tan Gypsy curtains? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 05:13 pm:

ditto on Wednesday in the parking lot.
When i went it was fun just meeting and talking to people when they just got there.
1 of these days I will get back there.no money and tied up doing my social security court paper work,so I couldnt go this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 07:29 pm:

Peter: I do not know about why a Fordor guy would want Gypsy curtains, I hope Im the only one who would ever want a set. But .... Maybe you have a 27 touring hidden somewhere and are a parts hoarder .... Get there real early Friday. That way you can see most things before people start loading. Some stuff may still be covered, up but you can go back later. Well I guess I need to go to bed now, at 6:30 PM. The truck is loaded and pointed toward Chickasa and it leaves at midnight. Will be in line before daylight. See all of you there ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 09:11 pm:

Donnie: I don't have any happen to have any 1927 Tourings laying around. I wish I did though. All I have is my beloved 1926 Fordor and a 1930 Model AA... By the way, save some of the good stuff at Chickasha for me! :-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 09:40 pm:

I want to leave for Chickasha tomorrow morning. When I was out at around 4:30 we had at least 8 inches of fresh snow on the ground and it's still coming down. I'm very Leary of towing my camper out of here in this weather and learned last year I should bring my bed with me because I don't do well sleeping on the floor. At any rate it sure appears I won't make it and I actually have some cash money to bring with me. Oh well, there's always the Farmington Swap Meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 11:04 pm:

Tomorrow in the parking lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 11:37 pm:

I was going to leave out tonight but 287 from Limon to the Oklahoma border was closed at noon for wind and snow. Rats! It opened tonight so I will leave Denver about 3:00am. Hope to get there in time for the pre-meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 11:56 pm:

We are in Chickasha -- actually Norman -- at the Country Inn and Suites. We stayed in Fort Collins last night and came down 70 to Salina and south. We were in lots of wind and some blowing snow, couldn't run over about 75 most of the time. Bare and dry but windy from Hays on east. 55 at 10 pm in Norman.

People bitch about Subaru's but I sure like that all wheel drive. Never so much as wiped her feet all the way, Snow, wet, wind, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 12:58 am:

Who bitches about Subarus? I love Subarus. That's what I will be driving to the meet. 1997 with 267000 miles.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration