What type of Dist

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: What type of Dist
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cary Abate on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 07:02 pm:

I am having fits finding out where I can get paints and cone. for this VW Dist. I appears to be a Dist from a late 50s Bus. Any help would be appreciated.

CaryDist for '10

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 07:15 pm:

Match the numbers to this chart.

http://www.oldvolkshome.com/ovhignbo.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 08:27 pm:

Cary,
I am using a 009 VW dist. Also, strongly suggest adding a separate ground wire attached to the Dist. body going to a good ground return. Because the VW and possibly other Distributors fit loose where they rotate (Advance/retard)...sometimes there is not a good ground return which will cause a "Miss". The ground wire can be small....AWG 16 which will work great and is very flexible. Should be a small screw located below the Dist. Cap that you can attach the ground wire to with a small ring tong terminal.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration