Chicago visit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Chicago visit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Klem on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 10:08 am:

I'll be in Chicago for a week visiting my daughter, and I was wondering if there were any interesting Model T oriented places to visit?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 10:16 am:

Carl, one of my favorite places in Chicago is the Museum of Science and Industry. They have old planes, locomotives, a few cars, neat old engines, etc. Should be right up your alley. Big place too, easy to spend a lot of time.

Another history-oriented place (although not really transportation / technology related) is the Field Museum. It has exhibits of artifacts from around the world, animal displays, etc. Very neat. If you ever saw the movie "The Ghost and the Darkness" or are otherwise familiar with the story of the Tsavo lions, they have the stuffed remains of the two maneaters that Patterson shot. Very cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 10:21 am:

The Museum of Science and Industry has the only German sub captured during WW2.
My dad was in the task group that captured it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 10:29 am:

Bob, that is way cool! I've seen the U-505 several times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung ......... Stoughton, WI on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 10:33 am:

The Volo Car Museum is 45 miles to the north-northwest from downtown Chicago in Volo, IL. Lots of very interesting transportation and specialty vehicles.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration