26 t coupe door glass

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 26 t coupe door glass
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By larry e. jackson on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 11:06 am:

Hey Guys,

I am new to the mtfca, I have a 26 coupe with no door glass,can anyone tell me the correct measurements of the door glass? I need the length and width and thickness in order to have new glass cut.

Thanks for any help.

larry9j

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve miller- mississauga,ontario on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 12:10 pm:

By using keyword search above...door.glass
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/247524.html?1321848936
and many more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 12:31 pm:

My doors are made of metal but the window in the door is glass :-)

If you have all the proper tracks in place and the felt channel, roll up the bottom track then all you need do is measure it. You can also cut a piece of cardboard to fit and refit until you like what you have and then take that to the glass shop and they will have an exact pattern of what you need. Be sure to use auto safety glass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 03:46 pm:

There is a book available from the vendors, T11-Model T Windshield and Glass Specs. Has all of the diagrams for glass for '15-'27 cars and trucks. Runs around $8.00. Very handy to have around. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 04:58 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 05:37 pm:

One suggestion, The last I knew the felt guide rails were not being made for the T. You will need these for the Model A. These are thicker and you must have the glass cut at least 1/8 inch narrower or the glass will be too tight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 08:24 pm:

http://www.modeltford.com/item/8399CH.aspx

I think this is it? ,Langs Has them

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration