Last founding member of MTFCA, Ray Miller, has died

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Last founding member of MTFCA, Ray Miller, has died
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Klehfoth on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 01:28 pm:

Ray Jack Miller of Murrieta, Calif., a founding member of the MTFCA died at 90 years of age on March 10, 2014.

Ray is survived by his wife Bev and five children.

Ray was the last surviving member of the group that founded the Model T Ford Club of America in 1965.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 02:07 pm:

Barbara: A grateful thanks to all the founding members for what they believed and started for us. May they all, now, Rest In Peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 02:12 pm:

Barbara sorry to hear this, I'm the last surviving member of the Kingdom of Callaway Chapter of MTFCA, I joined in 1966, $ 2088

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 04:49 pm:

We are too sorry to hear of Ray's passing, our thoughts and wished are with the family.

Their legacy, a club for Model 'T's, has grown from humble beginnings to a club of international proportions. Model 'T's from all over the world now unite under a common banner because of their vision and dreams. Wow, what a great way to be remembered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 05:25 pm:

My condolences to the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 09:14 pm:

Ray Miller was an exceptional man who gave a lot to the old car hobby. I used references from one of his books to restore a 1964 Falcon Sprint convertible 30 years ago, and used his Mustang book when I restored a '66 Shelby GT350H 20 years ago.

The book Ray co - wrote with Bruce McCalley, From here to Obscurity, is a classic and worthwhile book for any Model T enthusiast.

He left a lot to us all. Thanks Ray!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 09:45 pm:

From Here to Obscurity was a great read.

Our condolences to the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan Mason on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 02:12 am:

Ray Miller also authored "Henry's Lady"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 03:28 am:

It always saddens me to hear these things, yet I thank you for informing us/me.
My condolences to his family.

Thank you Ray. RIP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 04:13 am:

A bit of an interesting side note.
Bruce McCalley was involved with Ray Miller in some of his Books. You will note his books were printed by Evergreen Press a name they came up with which just happened to be the name of the Street that Bruce lived on when he used to live in Burbank
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 08:48 am:

He has now joined the infinite Model T tour in the sky with all his co-founders. May he rest in peace, and his family find comfort in that he touched so many lives in such a great way.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration