Classtique Upholstery trim

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Classtique Upholstery trim
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 06:50 pm:

Any of you guys have photos of finished trip using Classtique Upholstery? I'm specifically looking at how the doors and side panels are trimmed out. I tried calling them today, but no answer. I'm guessing they are at Chichasaw.

Thanks! Almost complete!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 11:30 pm:

Here's how it's done on my '25. You may need to add a strip across the door and panels where the cross wood is (a few inches below the latch)

door

door2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 11:40 pm:

Here it is on a '15 runabout:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 11:44 pm:

was there never a strip with tacks from front to back where the wood cross piece is located in the door?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 11:49 pm:

Depends. Some '15's were that way, some were not. Maybe a difference from one body supplier to the next, or an early / late thing? Here's a factory photo of a '15 and it has the center trim piece:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 11:50 pm:

Yes, there was, but I don't know when that stopped. I've seen it on some '15's and not on others. My 25 doesn't have them, and isn't supposed to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 08:39 am:

Perfect! Thanks guys. Looks like I'll need a few more thumb tacks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Sundstrom on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 08:51 pm:

I used Classtique and am very pleased with their interiors. A few pictures of my door panels and trim. I tacked panels in place prior to applying trim with tacks. '20 Touring, don't have the center horizontal tack strip as the brass era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 09:57 pm:

John...Thanks..The trim came in three types:

Black strip - black on both sides.
Black strip - black on one side, blk and wt on other
Black rubber bead

Did you just use the black/black strip for the doors?
Also, I can't tell by the photo how you handled the door handle. The provided piece does not come with cut outs for the handle.

All...where there still cross strips on the door in 1916?

Thanks!

Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 11:14 pm:

Michael-
I put the vertical and cross binding on my 1919.
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 12:24 am:

I like the center dividing line myself from early photo, it's looks good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Sundstrom on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 10:39 am:

Michael,
I used the black trim that is folded over on the back. The Original is about 1/8" narrower and has a cotton cord in it. I believe this a sample was from seat back area. I peeled back one side and refolded to match width (I know may be overdoing it a bit here). The black vinyl beaded trim I only used on seat backs. seemed a bit difficult and unnecesary to install on panels. The door panels came with all the cutouts included. I believe there are several types/manufacturers of door latches and you need to know that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Sundstrom on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 10:41 am:

One More picture, The seat back with vinyl beading

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 11:59 am:

Thanks John. That helps a lot. !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 11:31 am:

It all depends on how original you wish to have your car. First of all the original binding for the doors and seat trim and top was 9/16" wide, with a piece of welt on one side. The binding that Car Touche sells is not correct. I have given them the opportunity to buy the correct binding, and they do not wish to do so. You can buy it from Langs, and Snyders. We use the correct twisted Kraft welt in ours, just like the old days, and this makes it easier to go around corners. When installing around corners, the binding is folded under, not cut, and covered with an upholstery nail. The closest upholstery nails are available from Witmer Coach in New Holland, Pa. We also make the correct binding for the rear window on cars made from '17 on, which is 5/8" wide. This is also used on the side curtains. We are the only supplier that makes this type of binding, but we don't sell retail. Elizabeth at Classtique also buys from us, because she likes the original detail of our product. If you want a kit that is high quality, and as close to original as possible, my suggestion is to buy from Classtique.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration