Ford Model T and Ford Model A Snowmobile Skies

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Ford Model T and Ford Model A Snowmobile Skies
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 07:15 pm:

I have 2 sets of all steel Ford Model T or Model A Snowmobile Skies. They are original, and have no wood on them and never did They all have a hook attached to the front of each ski, which has a chain attached to each hook, and next there is a small spring attached to the end of each chain. First off, where did the other end of the spring go to? Next, are the Ford Model T and Ford Model A skies the same? And lastly, what are my skies for... Ford Model T or Ford Model A? Thank you for any help you can give.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 07:44 pm:

Daniel
Are there spindle units attached to the top of the skies? If you can post a picture of both pair I'll try to identify them by make and year.. They are for either a Snow Flyer or Snow Bird Brand, the spindle unit would be the only way to tell if there for a T or A. The Snowmobile Co. only used the Wood type of Ski. The chain and spring assembly was used to hold the front of the ski up when they were used with the wheel ski attachment. The spring mounted to a bracket that was attached under the top of of the spindle bolt. Is there a mfg. tag mounted on the front of ether pair? Hope this helps.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 06:43 pm:

Thank you Bob, thank you for this info. This helps much. I could take a photo of each ski and send them to you, via a picture text message. I also found one more set of skies. This set are Yellow in color, much more narrow, and have chains attached to the front of the ski, and the rear of the ski. I will have to take a photo of this ski as well and send it to you.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration