Today at Chickasha

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Today at Chickasha
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 02:12 am:

Well, I seem to have misplaced my cord for downloading pics to my puter. today Terry Woods and I hung out with Steve Jelf and had dinner, Steve was kind enough to help us unload and set up. Terry met Coilman, Stan Howe, George Haus. Mr Bender and Kyle. Wondering who will show up tomorrow, Long dat and a little sunburn thrown in. Long day tomorrow also.
George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 11:07 am:

I'll be there tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 06:51 pm:

George,go to motel desk and tell them you lost your chord last year.They usually have a box full people forget and will give you one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 07:29 pm:

Pictures from Chickasha, I'll try to comment on each but it tough as the preview does not show all the picture and the revise does not show the pictures.

Looks like a 25 touring think it was $7000

Interior

I as thinking about this, asking $3500, probably would have said yes at $2000+ little

Lots of Matag engines, $100-300

There were at least three turkel decks

This was the second and lowest price

Nice looking coupe

Bought these for $900

Electric water pump

Great car for parades with electric fan and water pump

Speedster, standard little high at $7000

Nice REO if you have $30,000

Yet another deck...
More tomorrow, if I remember!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 07:43 pm:

Tony showed a picture of Maytag engines. Would there possibly be a Maytag spark plug for sale?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael R Beary on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 09:17 pm:

Thank you Tony!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 09:26 pm:

The price on that Model T tractor conversion is about dead on.
The rear end kits often bring between one and two thousand alone and I've never seen one offered for sale that included steel fronts.
I bet the seller doesn't haul it home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 09:41 pm:

Is picture number 6 a Stanley Steamer?
What did it sell for?
If you want some entertainment watch Jay Leno's u tube on an early Stanley racer that he owns.
Stanley Steamers used kerosene as their boiler fuel and gasolene for the pilot.
Jay is using gasolene for both. Very exciting.
I think that I would use diesel number 1 for the boiler fuel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 09:54 pm:

Picture 6 is not a Stanley. It's a 1902 car from a little know maker. Sorry I don't remember what the name is. It is a fantastic car. Gas powered, not steam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 09:55 pm:

Thanks for the pictures. Would also like to see pictures of the people who are there....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 09:55 pm:

Picture of the hub cap on the tractor conversion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 09:58 pm:

This think looks rough but it ran great. One of two '29 roadster pickups that I saw today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:01 pm:

Great to see some photos!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:05 pm:

I have an original book on the PullFords that I sell copies off of if whom ever buys it needs one danuser88@ktis.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:08 pm:

Some more from today

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:25 pm:

Mark Cameron brought around 2500 pounds of pre - 1914 parts, including this Transue Williams "TW" 1909 - 11 axle assembly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:28 pm:

Larry was right next to me in the South building selling his AC Brake setups. He sold at least three sets today. I might try a set next time, they have several advantages over Rocky Mountain brakes:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:31 pm:

A really neat accessory - a high volume oil pan for the Model T, as seen in the South building. This has enough extra volume to provide extra cooling for the engine:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:43 pm:

Thanks to Tony, Royce and Dan for the nice pictures!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:45 pm:

We were told the old car in picture #6 was Dyche or Dyke, not sure which. Seems like only a few were built and this is the only complete one left. There is suppose to be and engine somewhere. All this from gossip picked up at the time, aided by my memory....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:50 pm:

Tony - He did say it was a Dyke or Dike (not sure of spelling though). Glad you remembered!

The engine was under the rear deck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:59 pm:

He wanted 30K for it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 11:01 pm:

Robbie you could be president of the Dike Owners club if you bought it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 11:22 pm:

Thanks for the photo's fellows had to miss again this yr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 12:04 am:

Another view . . .

Photo Credit - Early American Automobiles

www.earlyamericanautomobiles.com/1902.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 08:12 am:

The Dyke car came from a friend of mine. It was made in St Louis, MO. by a man named A.L. Dyke. It was a kit car that was sold to a man back east.
It had a few owners up till now. Mr. Dyke is supposed to have had the first automobile parts store anywhere. It was in St. Louis.
This is the same Mr. Dyke that published the "Dykes" manuals you can still see around for working on autos.
It's a cool car. Those fenders are wooden.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 08:15 am:

Royce,
Dykes don't do a whole lot for me...lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william louis rosenthal on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 09:46 am:

Anyone know whether the Dyke car sold and for what? Kit car or not, I like it. Owner says it is not in running condition, so curious what it is lacking to become serviceable.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 01:43 pm:

It was a kit car when it was new. The Dyke was sold I am told. I have some pictures of cars like it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 05:02 pm:

Thanks you for the photos and please keep them coming. If we can't be there in person, it sure is nice to be there through you guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 05:21 pm:

Nice weather, nice cars, nice parts, nice people - wish I were there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 05:30 pm:

Took more pics with camera. Only few posted now with iPhone. More to see after get back home. On road in AR now with pickup and flatbed and goodies stowed.

Fun seeing forum fellas too. Steve Jelf took departing picture as we left so he might put that up unless my mugg messed up his photo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 05:55 pm:

I'm wondering if the strange pan pictured was from a T powered Gleaner Combine? Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 07:18 pm:

From Dyke’s “Diseases of a Gasolene Automobile” – Page 224
There are quite a few pages of items from the ‘A. L. DYKE AUTO SUPPLY CO.’ Catalog

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 08:47 pm:

Anyone know if that '25 Touring car for $7K happen to sell? Looked sharp.

Thanks,
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 08:55 pm:

The ford tractor conversion and the Dyke left on the sale trailers on which they arrived. I guess they could have sold, but I am fairly they didn't.
Friday was VERY slow, would have left at 11 am if I hadn't booked a room for the night. Drove up to see "Beckies Speedster" (it was in the 2013 Forum) in Okalahoma City, sure looks nice. Should be completed by mid May for a concoors event.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 09:51 pm:

The Dyke sold. It didn't bring the 30K but a deal was made. The selling price wasn't told to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 09:52 pm:

I got a bunch of pictures, but will have to get to them later. Busy this evening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 09:54 pm:

Thanks Steve- will look forward to them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 08:00 am:

Look real close at that PULL FORD rear wheel picture Royce included. The drive gear was so incredibly worn away that it didn't even touch and couldn't interact with the large bull gear around the wheel rim. I'd still love to have the unit but a machinist would be getting a lot of my money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 08:15 am:

What little I can see of the drive gear on the Pullford doesn't look all that worn away to me? Maybe there is a way to move the rear axle to free the bull gear when pulling the tractor without the engine running? Then perhaps it can be adjusted back to contact when it's to be used again?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 08:24 am:

I too thought it was badly worn but on closer inspection the external wheels had been moved backwards so it could be placed on the trailer. There is an adjustment behind the external wheels which would bring the driven gear and wheels into contact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 11:15 am:

Seriously thinking about buying the AC brake set up I saw at Chickasha. I saw them the last day and Larry the maker said he had already sold 9 sets.

The good thing about these is that you have a brake effect in forward and reverse.

As I understand the other well known brand dosn't do this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 10:41 pm:

How can I get a hold of Larry for his brakes?

Thanks,
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 11:17 pm:

James,

Click here and scroll down:
http://www.modelt.org/discus/messages/2/27217.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 11:21 pm:

Did anyone get any other pictures of Mark Cameron's pre-1914 parts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 10:59 am:

Thank you, Royce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 01:49 pm:

Here are more pics of the early parts lying around, some of these are Mark's pieces. He had bodies too, while non-authenic in constructoion details, would be fun bodies on any T chassis.

just a little rust out to fix!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 01:54 pm:

Couple more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 02:14 pm:

A few of the vendors in the big dirt floor building:

Outside in the back:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Monday, March 24, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

Did anyone happen to get a number on the 1925 Touring car at the top of this thread? Unless it sold.

Thanks,
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:12 am:

Somewhere, I do have photos of a 1903 (?) Dyke that used to be owned by a Bay Area Horseless Carriage Club member. And that car is not it. So there must be at least two of them surviving. As I recall, he did say there were only a very few known remaining, including one very incomplete. His looked different than that one. It is a runabout with a front cover that looked more like a 1904 Cadillac, kind of low and flat as opposed to the Renault style bonnet. The car had been in the Bill Harrah collection.
Thanks all for the pictures! I wish I could have been there.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:28 pm:

Wayne- the Dyke you are referring to is still here in Alameda and the owner is aware of the car that was at the swap meet. You are correct in that the two cars look nothing like each other. Dan

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration