Model T parts pile in Mid California might be a good buy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Model T parts pile in Mid California might be a good buy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 11:12 am:

Saw this advertised on Ebay Pile of parts in Santa Cruz (north of Monterrey) supposed to be a complete car for 1200 or BEST OFFER

I like to make reasonable offers for these piles if within 200 miles of Indiana

Might be worth someone near by to check it out

ebay link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281197377279?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m142 3.l2649

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 11:21 am:

It's hard to tell just what's there from those photos. Could be a pretty good buy, but you'd need to go and see first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 11:40 am:

I am about an hour away, but all I can recognize is a pair of jack stands.
Probably not even model T stuff.
These days anybody should be able to take better pictures than those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 11:41 am:

If you zoom in on the photos it looks like a 1913 turtle deck (sharp corners) and a brass radiator in the corner. Looks like it may be a Roadster. I wish I lived closer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 12:01 pm:

Looks to be a narrow nose crankcase standing in front of the later style also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 12:09 pm:

Looks like the front spring has been bent for lowering. Also a hood former on the front of the body and maybe a '15-'16 windshield.. The bondo at the rear conrers almost looks like an attempt to make a roadster out of a touring. What I can see of a rear fender looks like '14 or earlier. Too bad there aren't better pictures. It probably is worth taking a look at for anyone who lives close.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 12:29 pm:

Also looks like the wishbone mounts below the axle, which indicates 1919 or later front axle (at least).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 12:37 pm:

Like I say if he is open to best offer and you live close what the heck. If it is a brass radiator and a few other great parts say $ 600 wow !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 12:46 pm:

Kind of hard to make a silk purse out of a sows ear but . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 02:24 pm:

Just checked the link and it now says "ended"...didn't say sold, just ended.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 03:15 pm:

Good job "Art" B.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 08:30 pm:

I sent a note that they might add better photos and do a little more description work on the ad. I suggested they lay the parts out and take better photos and tell what is there. I haven't looked at My eBay to to see if they sent a nice or bad reply.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 08:40 pm:

It has a steel cowl with a hood former for a brass radiator, maybe a 15-16. That wheel in the last pic looks like a accessory disc wheel.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration