Louisiana license plates

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Louisiana license plates
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Gement on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 06:25 pm:

Does anyone know if La used one or two license plates in 1925. Where and how were they mounted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM WILSON, AMORY, MS on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 08:12 pm:

Got this from a license plate dealer/collector:

Hi Jim LA used front and rear for the hi and low hp plates in 1929 and front and rear in 30-32 only one hp type. In 1922 through 1929 they had 2 sets of plates low and hi hp but no front and rear marked except for the 1929. I do not know what the hp range was on any of these. I hope that helps some and thanks, Scotty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 08:51 pm:

Hey Paul. I have a 25 plate on my coupe and had no idea about a front plate. Good luck finding a set---its hard to find one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Gement on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 12:07 pm:

Thanks Guy's , the plate I have is maroon in color and I have been told that it indicated the car had less than 23 hp. I have never tried to post a picture but will try so that others can see the color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 01:36 pm:

Hells bells I didn't even know you good ol boys gave a hoot about plates down there. I thought as long as you could out run the gators in your old cars you were happy! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Gement on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 02:30 pm:

License platte,

Here's the plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Gement on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 02:34 pm:

Dennis,
If you notice the style bed on my vehicle it was made to carry the gators home to eat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 04:44 pm:

Paul, my car isn't handy to look at but I'm pretty sure the colors on mine are gray back ground and maroon letters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Gement on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 05:55 pm:

John,
If it's like mine and looks 89 yrs old the colors do mean something. Somewhere while I was looking for a plate, one of the collectors told me what. Each color meant. He even said which years La issued two plates . For the life of me I cant't remember his name. I believe he was on one of theplate collectors sites. I just had my plate registered. To my car so I guess I am good to go.
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 06:16 pm:

Paul,

I guess your going to tell me gator tastes just like chicken! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Gement on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 06:30 pm:

No Dennis they taste like Nutria.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM WILSON, AMORY, MS on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 06:35 pm:

Borrowed from World License Plates web page

lp

Shows the two colors for 25 LA plates depending on vehicle HP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Gement on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 07:18 pm:

Jim,
Great job, sounds as though John and I have one of each. John, if what the information I had on horsepower is correct your car will go much faster than mine. Ha, Ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 09:56 pm:

Paul, if that's the case, you may as well walk. Dennis, with the right seasoning and a side of sweet potatoes it tastes like possum.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration