What did you bring home from Chickasha?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: What did you bring home from Chickasha?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:11 pm:

Besides a lot of nice conversations with friends new and old?

I bought two things today that I didn't need but they spoke to me so they are going to ride home.

"Duplex" tire carrier in nice shape, no key, filthy, but it is unlocked and cost $75 :

U&J carburetor and intake. The bowl has a rather well done old repair. For $40 I couldn't not buy it:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 11:18 pm:

The fuel filter on the side of carb is another accessory.I have one just like it.The dual tire carriers are difficult,if not impossible to use on a "D" ring rear carrier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 11:20 pm:

I plan to use it with one of your left side running board carriers Jack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 12:26 am:

It will work there. I had one years ago,got frustrated with it and sold it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 11:30 pm:

Here are a few pics of my speedster body I found. It was the main thing on my "Chickasa Dream List" Ill be starting another thread soon about it. Ill need some help to identify it. It appears to be like the one they are making repro, they call, "County Fair Racer". I believe Bobs sells them ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 11:33 pm:

bodybody 2body 3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 11:36 pm:

Nice one Donnie! I saw it with a "Not for sale" sign on Wednesday in the parking lot. It is the key piece for a fantastic speedster build. I'm envious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 11:37 pm:

Heres the rest of my finds .....stuffstuff 2stuff 3stuff 4stuff 5stuff 6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 11:40 pm:

stuff 7stuff 8stuff 9my engine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 11:45 pm:

Royce. I had already bought it and I wrote the Not For Sale on it after we got inside the field. . I bought it just after daylight while we were in line waiting to get in. That is why we leave at midnight to get there. I had very good luck buying things this year. Wish I had met you and knew who you were.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 12:00 am:

Donnie
Did you ask the previous owner of the body where the rest of the car was?
Just curious if you know any history of it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 09:01 am:

JD: Yes, I asked him about its history. It came from an estate sale in Texas. The previous owner had died several years ago, and when his wife died about a year ago the kids were disposing of the "stuff". They knew nothing about the cars and parts, and were getting rid of all the "junk" the old man had collected .... We should all write down any history we know on our "stuff". I have some of my items history written down, but I need to update it soon.....then make sure it will be found when we are gone......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 01:19 pm:

Donnie

Good to meet you at the swap, and really great you found 'the item' of your quest!

Donnie his self.

Found two ads that show that style of body, probably many different mfg made these.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 07:18 pm:

Dan: Thanks for the ads. I was planning on using a 28 Whippet radiator but after seeing your ads and some I have found myself, I think a stock T low radiator is the best to use. I bought a nice "Atlas" low radiator shell I think Ill use. Its in the photos above. The little deck below the gas tank in the photos above appear to match up with some screw holes in the back of my body. I think you may have nailed the body style with the Fautless "sportster" Thanks again and glad I got to meet you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Monday, March 24, 2014 - 02:00 am:

Great Find Donnie

Radiator surround looks a bit like a Peerless with the curved front plate.

Mark

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration