Off on a Lark

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Off on a Lark
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 09:52 pm:

By Brian Sullivan, March 17, 2014 - 02:55 pm:

"Today, saw a 1960-ish Studebaker Lark station wagon today headed through our town. That got my attention in itself, but the MTFCA bumper sticker really did. Young couple with WA plates on the car. I honked and got them to pull over for a moment. Turned out they were headed to Chickasha. Now, WA to Powell WY to Chickasha OK is a bit of trip under the best conditions, but in a Studebaker!? If you see a young couple there, with the young woman sporting bright red hair, you should praise their bravery and dedication!"

The post above appeared a few days ago. When I pulled into Eduardo's Restaurant in Chickasha for dinner Thursday evening, that very Lark Wagon was there. In it were Dylan Wills (relatively new poster here) and his wife Ashley, who does indeed have "bright red hair." I introduced myself, and we had a short visit and went on our separate ways.

I saw them several times at the swap meet, carrying parts for the '14 Touring they are working on. Ashley scored a nice pair of black-and-brass cowl lamps for $30! They're a very nice and enthusiastic young couple, just the kind we need in our hobby full of mostly old farts. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 09:56 pm:

Visiting with Dylan I got the impression he's pretty sharp. He sure has a better memory for details than I do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 09:59 pm:

You're coming of age, you Dauntless Geezer you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 10:08 pm:

Not to diminish the owners, but I once had a '59 Lark tudor. By a sizeable margin it was the worst car I've ever owned.

But in fairness I must say that it had one excellent feature. The hill holder function (kept you from rolling backwards with the clutch in) worked perfectly and would be an asset on any modern car today.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 01:05 pm:

When I'm not using my Jeep as a tow vehicle.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 01:19 pm:

Off topic - I always liked the look of the Studebaker Champ pickup, maybe someday I'll own one. You could get a V8 with a three speed and overdrive.

champ_pickup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 01:35 pm:

50 Studebaker commander, one of the best cars I ever owned. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 02:04 pm:

I see something rare - a Singer Gazelle from 1958-63 - in Nevin's photo

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration