OT - The first Model B, 1904 and Ford employees

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - The first Model B, 1904 and Ford employees
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 08:49 am:

From the Henry Ford website, this photograph is labeled as the first Model B chassis, summer 1904. Three of the employees are identified, including A. Degener. When I saw this pic, one of the other men reminded me of the driver seated on Ford six cylinder racer photo. The six cyl racer photo listed the driver as Frank Kulick, however I had my doubts because it just didn't look like him, and I thought the racer photo was taken years after the racer ran (1907-1909).

Now, with this photograph, I think the person (not identified) in the Model B pic and the racer driver are the same person, and that it is Frank Kulick. What do you think? If it is Kulick, this is the only period full view photo of the K racer I've seen (the 1907 version) other than modern photos.

Closeup of Model B (Frank Kulick?), 1904:

Six cyl racer, probably 1907:

Closeup of racer driver (Kulick?):

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 09:06 am:

Rob it sure looks like him to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 11:28 am:

Neat picture. If that is serial #1 model B,I have a hubcap medallion from it and an original picture of it with a surrey top, I presume taken in the eventual owners back yard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 11:31 am:

I should add car #1 can be seen at the AACA museum in Hershey .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 12:10 pm:

Tim,,
I forgot #1 still existed. If you would like, pm and I'll find the link again. Maybe the AACA would like to have this with the car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 02:41 pm:

Don't know how to PM...too technical for me. I can also add that the pictures of this car, when found in 1955 in Missouri
, scattered in a barn and field, are on the EFR website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 07:07 pm:

Tim

To PM Rob, just click on his name above. Then at the bottom of his info you will see where you can send a PM to Rob. You can do this with just about anyone on the forum. It is all built into the site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 12:35 am:

A photo of B Number One from the AACA website. It is one of the Porter Estate cars. I believe Tim has extensive knowledge of the car. I was struck by how young the Ford employees look. Both Degener and Kulick will play important roles in early Ford history. I'm not familiar with the other two names. Does anyone know more about their connection with FMC?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 12:37 am:

Forgot something.....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration