Is there a web site for info on Model T repair schools / seminars ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Is there a web site for info on Model T repair schools / seminars ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 09:30 am:

I would like to attend classes to further my limited knowledge on repairs of engines, trouble shooting and stuff I know nothing about such as how to install a Roadster and Touring top. Are there listings of upcoming schools and seminars anywhere ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 10:50 am:

Check the Classtique website. There are some videos they posted on you tube showing upholstery and top installation details.
Also you can go to You Tube and enter Model T repairs. There are several who have documented what they have done as far as repairs are concerned.
Check out this website and buy the different manuals for repairs.
BUY AND STUDY the Ford service manual. The MTFCA club has repair manuals for different aspects of the car. READ AND STUDY THESE. That also have videos for this.
T clubs in your area have seminars from time to time that also can help. You may have one close to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 01:09 pm:

David

The National has video tapes that most find helpful. I don't know of a listing but check around your area for local club clinics.

In out neck of the woods the Kansas Sunflower Crankers have a winter clinic the last week end of January and the Arkansas Tin Lizzie's have the same in the latter part of February. Both cover a lot of different topics each year.

The shop manuals offered by the Club or sold by most of the vendors are good also

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 01:11 pm:

What John said. John's post wasn't there and now it is. Strange.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 01:49 pm:

There are also classes at the Piquette and McPherson College in Kansas. I don't have any other info on those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 02:12 pm:

Perhaps as they expand the "Show & Tell - Swap & Sell" at the museum each year they could add a seminar or two as additional program.

DISCLAIMER: I love what they do at the current program and in no way implying that it needs tweeking. Just suggesting an addition to an already GREAT event.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 02:30 pm:

Seminars put on at the national Museum for a fee would be great

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 08:47 pm:

I've found the best way to learn is by belonging to a club. In our club we have engine shop machinists that do Babbitt and assembly. We have a few guys that restore model T's as a business and they're very good at helping people. Steve Jelf has posted some great videos to YouTube. It's not possible to own enough books and manuals and most of them like most of the parts are readily available. Hands on has been the best for me. And I've got so much more to learn. But find your local experts and use them to your advantage. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 12:57 am:

For those who want to get seriously into it and go for a degree: http://www.mcpherson.edu/autorestoration/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 07:21 am:

There were some great seminars at the Centennial Celebration in 2008. Maybe we can hold out for the bicentennial celebration..........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 09:38 am:

Anybody thought about having seminars at Chickasha or has this been done before. Just wondering.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration