1926 Coupe Interior help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1926 Coupe Interior help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald G Victory on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 12:15 pm:

My coupe was in parts when I started restoring it, and now I am confused about some of the metal parts that appear to go around windows/doors. Is there any pictures of how the interior parts are used, or someone restoring a '26 Coupe interior now? Thanks for any help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 04:39 pm:

I'm restoring a '26 Coupe presently. What parts are in question? Pictures help....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald G Victory on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 05:27 pm:

I am sure that parts labeled E - F- G and H go to the door, as well as the two unlabeled door parts on the far left.

I am not too sure just where the A - B- C and D should go, or just how they are positioned on the back windows. These are all I have, and may be missing some of the window pieces. I do have the original windows, but plan on replacing them with new glass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald G Victory on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 05:30 pm:

Sorry did not use picture with the door window trim pieces - now attached -

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 05:55 pm:

C and D are the rear window trim and fit inside the wood window frame.

A and B look to be the rear side window trim pieces. (hard to tell from the pictures)

E and F look to be the door upper and lower trim pieces...

Far right pieces go to the windshield and the windshield dash. (the windshield slides mount to them)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 06:10 pm:

The coupe I have is all metal so I could be wrong on the trim pieces. But just a note, you should have a U shaped channel that fits to the upper door opening on both sides also.
The two pieces on the right in the last photo would be the lower window trim on the doors.

Hope this helps...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald G Victory on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 06:16 pm:

Thanks, FYI - it's too hot today to work on car. It's 80F and 85% humidity, and very hot out in the barn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 10:50 pm:

And just a reminder; you need to install your headliner before you put the top on.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration