OT - City Bone Yard

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - City Bone Yard
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 05:05 pm:

I just found this photo taken in front of Hercules Motors in June 6 1939. I just wish the cars were still around.old cars

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 06:52 pm:

Hummm 1939 most if not all of those cars were probably scrapped for the war effort

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, March 24, 2014 - 07:45 am:

If times were so hard then,why are such nice cars in the junk yard?
Looks like they would be beat to heck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 24, 2014 - 10:14 am:

The oldest car in he picture is the one parked across the street. Most of the cars in the salvage yard are relatively new, not much over ten years old. I see a couple that are only four or five years old.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, March 24, 2014 - 12:55 pm:

My guess would be that because of the "Great Depression" most of the people decided it would be better to "walk and eat" rather then "drive and starve".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Monday, March 24, 2014 - 05:54 pm:

My Grandfather was a Chevrolet dealer and when the depression came, people would just bring the cars back and leave them on the lot or just park on the street and walk away, he had to file for bankruptcy and always paid cash the rest of his life, so those cars could be returns.

Rick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration