Duncan Swap meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Duncan Swap meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 05:45 am:

Did anyone go to the Duncan meet after Chickasha?
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 07:25 pm:

I didn't go to that one, but a friend did. Since most folks had left the Chickasha meet by mid-morning Friday, he took his stuff (mostly Model A) to Duncan. He said it was a big meet, with mostly later model parts. Said he'd probably go back next year, so he must have sold some. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 08:31 pm:

I heard that a few (clubs?) had a fight and split up into the two Swap Meets. As a vendor, regardless of what the truth ends up being I was very disappointed in the turn out.

Anyone know what the actual story is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 08:47 pm:

What is the Duncan meet? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 10:06 pm:

David -- Someone was at Chickasha passing out flyers about a swap meet in Duncan, 30 miles south of Chickasha. I didn't read the flyer but heard it was to be held on Friday and Saturday. That's all I know about it, other than what my friend told me, posted above.

It seems to me that if they would time the Duncan meet to be right before or after Chickasha, not overlapping it, that would work out well for everyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 10:11 pm:

Chris were you a vendor at Chickasha or Duncan? Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 10:21 pm:

Dan,
I was planning on going but it was an hour to Duncan and another hour back over to Lawton (where I had to be) so I ran out of time.
There was a radio station live at the show and were interviewing people about how good it was and talking about how much food was there.
Around 140000 sq ft inside and 42 acres outside. Wish I had known a little earlier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 10:23 pm:

I am into model T fords and the Duncan meet reminded me of a flea market. I considered it a waste of my time stopping there.
I kept hearing about people from Chickasha going there. I did not see anyone that I knew there. I will never go back to Duncan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Monday, March 24, 2014 - 03:23 pm:

I was at Chickasha. It was way down from years past. I will be writing them, not to complain but to suggest improvements. If something does not change in a year or two it will die.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration