100th birthday

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 100th birthday
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 09:35 am:

Has anybody got their serial number list handy? I'm out of town and my McCalley book is at home. I think today might be my Ts 100th birthday. It's #477,5xx.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 09:39 am:

According to my copy of the book, an engine with serial number 477,5xx could have been assembled on either March 18 or 19, 1914.

March 18: 476,653 to 477,537

March 19: 477,538 to 478,467

Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 09:44 am:

Thanks, Mark. I guess I'm a couple days late and one book short. I'm sad that I let the day slip by without commemorating it. I'll take the car out for a proper birthday ride when I back in town.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 09:46 am:

The dates in the book represent the engine assembly date. The engine would have been installed in the car days, maybe weeks later, so you haven't missed your car's assembly date. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 01:01 pm:

Give the car a bath and a polish and I'm sure it'll be happy!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration