1916? T touring for sale on Ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1916? T touring for sale on Ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Boothroyd, Victoria, B.C. on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 09:04 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Brass-Era-Touring-1916-Brass-Era-Model-T-Fo rd-Touring-NO-RESERVE-/301124441770?forcerrptr=true&hash=item461c6a56aa&item=301 124441770&pt=US_Cars_Trucks#ht_2726wt_1120
This looks like a 1920-25 body turned into a brass T sometime in the past.
It has a three panel rear tub, no bead following the fender, no rivet in front of the rear doors, and there are holes in the quarter panels for the straight top saddle bracket rods.
Someone said that there are more 1915/16 touring's now than when Henry made them in 1915/16.
Comments?

Regards,

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 10:02 pm:

Steve -- I agree with you. It also has a later windshield and rear fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 11:27 pm:

Demountables on the left, nondemountables on the right. Electric era engine and coil box. Looks like a cast iron hogshead. I think I've seen that unfortunate upholstery before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Monday, March 24, 2014 - 02:19 am:

The body (and probably the chassis) is 1921. The body is the 3 piece not 5 rear section and has the top iron holes in the side. Door latches are also 17-23 not 16. Windshield and side lights also match 21 but have different non T lenses and brass rims. Steering column matches 21. Clincher wheels on right side are correct square felloe; left side demountables have been changed. Wood dash is added; metal dash came out in 22. All I see that is 1916 is hood former, hood, radiator and front fenders.

A good project car if restored back into a 1921 (depends on engine number--if correct 21 engine). Probably a non starter car originally as amp gauge added to wood dash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, March 24, 2014 - 03:53 am:

Stev, cast iron hogs would be correct for 16, well it is for Canadian, Dennis, round felloe is still correct for 16, not the square, but do agree it is a bittsa.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Monday, March 24, 2014 - 04:15 am:

Kerry,

You are right. I mistyped. Meant to say the square felloe wheels were correct for a 1921 non starter car. I think 90% of the car is 1921 (if it has correct year engine) and would be a good project to return to all 1921.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Boothroyd, Victoria, B.C. on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 12:37 am:

The 1916? touring sold for $6900.

Regards,

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 12:44 am:

I hope the buyer didn't think he was getting a real 1916.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 01:14 am:

Steve,

Live and learn. :-( Sometimes the learning curve is steep and hard. I think we've all been there at one time or another. I thought as a 1921 project it was worth a lot less than that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 12:48 pm:

I wonder if E-Bay will honor their get what you paid for guarantee on that

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration