Chapter newsletters on the forum?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Chapter newsletters on the forum?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David J. Holland on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 12:44 am:

Would it be an idea to be able upload chapter newsletters on the forum?

Most chapters are without a web page or rarely make changes if they have one. Other MTFCA chapters members could gain ideas and be aware of local tours and events.

The problem is the limit of 200 KB size which is exceeded with newsletters with photos and graphics. Might a method of uploads near 500 KB be worked out? Even PDF compression usually exceeds the 200 KB limit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 06:20 am:

I think your idea is good and would be interesting reading but it has a major down fall, the one you list above is a killer as the magazine I do for my local club runs at about 5 to 10mb and I would say many other clubs would be over the limit except the two page news letters that are put out. But the worst part of the idea is that you would have club officers names, address and phone number and the for sales and wanted would have the same and members are complaining about the for sales on here with scammer, this would bring them to you door OR you do one magazine for the club and another for here, would get out of control in the end. Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 07:14 am:

Another problem, our club put our newsletter on the net with something that they found. It was a cute short story, 6 or 7 lines and the club got threaten with a lawsuit because of Copy rights. It went away but only after we paid a few $$$.$$.
Don't. Post newsletters on the web without knowing if the content contains copy right material.
Ray's points are spot on also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 10:56 am:

You can read our club's newsletter any time at www.ArkansasTinLizzies.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 11:11 am:

Our's Too. www.tinlizziesofabq.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 11:53 am:

One more.
www.carboncanyonmodelt.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 12:25 pm:

I run two newsletters, the san diego at www.mtfcsd.com and the Escondido club at www.hvmtc.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 12:29 pm:

There are already links to many chapters on the MTFCA.com website:

http://www.mtfca.com/clubpages/chapters.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 03:29 pm:

Our Dairyland Tin Lizzies club newsletter "The Buzz" is on there too.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Jorgensen on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 04:12 pm:

The Santa Clara Valley Model T Ford Club website is continually updated. Newsletters can be found on the website:

www.scvmtfc.org/

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration