OT - Garage sale season has started

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Garage sale season has started
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 08:55 am:

My wife drug me to a couple of garage sales this weekend even though I proclaimed that that stuff just moves from one garage to another for a season or two. Here is what I found on this excursion

tools

A straight handle hacksaw with adjustments for blades from 8 to 12 inches (I would love to find a 8 inch blade) a set of inside and outside calipers by Starett an old 3 speed sabre saw And a wood shoe jackplane total expenditure $5.75

(Message edited by adminchris on March 25, 2014)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 09:19 am:

I have a hack saw like that and it is nice. I have it set up to cut on the pull stroke with a fine tooth blade. I think is is easier to obtain straighter cuts with this type of saw that the more common full hand grip type. It belonged to my father-in-law/buddy so that is another reason I like it. Joe

(Message edited by adminchris on March 25, 2014)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 10:35 am:

Nice saw. It's easy to shorten hacksaw blades. Use a carbide drill bit to drill a new hook hole and cut the blade down with tin snips. I cut them down all the time for use in my air saw.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 10:38 am:

That transitional jack plane will make a fine user. I have some myself for my furniture making business. I tend to reach for my British infills most often, but the transitionals are very nice. Good find, especially with what looks to be a complete rear tote!

Zach

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration