Help Wanted - Shop Expanding

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Help Wanted - Shop Expanding
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 12:46 pm:

Texoma T's, an antique car shop, is expanding. We are expanding our shop and seeking experienced managers.

A) Body Shop Manager – You should have experience in both restorations of 50’s, 60’s and 70’s (muscle cars) and collision work on current day cars.

B) Wood Shop Manager – Have skills equivalent of cabinet and or furniture builders.

C) Antique Car Manager – Have experience in all phases of antique cars with emphasis on engine rebuilding. Be able to run all shop machines including, boring bar, crank grinder, valve machine, decking machine and a Babbitt line bore.

As these departments are "start up’s", we seek the following in individuals:

1) Vast hands on experience. You should come to the table with at least 25 years of experience. You should still be willing to get involved with some of the hands-on as this is a start up and will be wearing multiple hats. Certifications are a plus.

2) Shop manager operational experience. This including early start up tasks as well as, marketing, sales, management of personnel, vendors etc. You should have a background with industry-associated software, paint companies and related equipment etc.

3) Pre-existing customer database, projects and affiliations. We are seeking someone well connected into industry networks. As this position is responsible for generating revenue, preexisting clients/contacts would be beneficial and shorten the ramp up curve.

4) Drug free.

5) Honest.

6) Dependable.

7) Tools and equipment. You should have your own hand tools needed to perform your job.

This would be a unique opportunity to become manager of your own department. A profit sharing approach will be extended to the right individual. Shop is to be located in Sherman, TX.

Please reply with resume and or call 903-819-1452

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 01:54 pm:

Mr Dailledouze, I'd like to apply for a position in your shop. I currently live in central Minnesota.

I'm really not too bright but I'm very passionate about it (not being too bright).

Though I take an unbelievable amount of drugs, most of them legal, I'm certain I'd be able to stay awake a reasonable amount of time each day.

Dependability could be an issue, they're building a new bar with off-sale across the street, but honesty won't be an issue. Okay that last part about the honesty was a lie but, as far as having tools and equipment I have had a neighbor tell me for years that I'm "a tool!"

I would bring a large list of vendors with me to my new position. Some of them sell auto parts and supplies and some sell other stuff. You know "stuff". Some of them are apparently involved in a special "4Q" quality because when I ask them for special favors like, well, you know, tipping the scales and stuff like that, they always say something that sounds like "4Q" and ask me to leave.

In the matter of my background: I'm certain my P.O. would be willing to inform you that I have one.

Will I have to do a urine check? Cause a lot of time I'm out. Probably more than urine.

In the past I've worn a lot of hats. My Budweiser is my favorite. However I also have a Bubba Gump Shrimp cap that I've grown fond of. I even have a hat that says; "why are you looking up here? The joke is in my pants"! I really like that one.

Okay, well, I gotta go, the 1:00 PM whistle just blew and that's around the time Eddy opens up. Though he's not allowed to do off-sale until after 4:00 PM.

So okay, that's pretty much it for today. I hope you have a nice day and... Oh one more thing, the guy down at the unemployment office said he needs verification that I applied for this position. Could you send a note explaining why you're thinking about whether or not you should hire pme. He said he needs it before he will send out anymore checks to me.

Thank you for your consideration for having me become your employee. Okay, goodbye,
Me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 02:11 pm:

Mike did I read the above post or am I dreaming.I could answer yes to all of the above requirements. Just remember that everything i BIGGER OR HUGE in Texas!!
bill d

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 02:24 pm:

contact the McPherson College in McPherson Ks. 1-800-365-7402 or 1-620-242-0400. The college has a renown restoration school. Jay Leno has had a couple cars go through the school shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 02:34 pm:

Oh oh, too much fun today? It's getting toward the end of the winter, I've been in this house for six months. It's been too cold and the snow's still too deep to get out and do anything. So I've become just a touch insane and that's going to be my plea when I talk to the judge. I know Mr Dailledouze is very serious about hiring someone, and I shouldn't have made lite of it. But I also needed an outlet or once again the dog will suffer the wrath of my size12 boot. I seriously hope he's able to find a very competent classic car mechanic for his shop. It's getting more difficult to find someone with enough ambition, intelligence and knowledge who doesn't think they either need to start at the top and work they're way up. Or is willing to start at the bottom and excel in an organization. That being said, I also know there are some pretty good young guys out there willing to go to work in his shop and give him 110% or more.
It's really not right for me too make a joke of his post. I hope he put it in the Classifieds too. And once again "Crazy Mike" needs to apologize for having a good time at the expense of others. So I apologize Mr Dailledouze, and in the future I'll be a little more sensitive to the others on this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 03:04 pm:

Hey, Mike -- I think everyone knew you were funnin'. I for one got a laugh out of it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 03:15 pm:

Do you think I was funnin'?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 03:23 pm:

Heck no, I thought you were dead serious Mike. :-)

Hope you have a great day, your first reply just brightened mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 03:35 pm:

Some of the nicest people I know are crazy!
But then again I may not be a good judge of that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 04:18 pm:

I've always been crazy, it's kept me from goin' insane! (Shades of Waylon)
Does that mean I'm probably not getting the job. Well that's it, I've gotta put my work boots back in the closet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 04:24 pm:

And I know why I'm crazy! It's because I've got too much hands on experience. Dad said it would happen. He did! He said "if you keep doing that you'll go crazy."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 06:09 pm:

Or need glasses :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 06:16 pm:

Yeah, glassses too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 06:57 pm:

Mike, I have that 8 track of Waylon right here in the Lear Jet player. :>)
Yep Waylon was good for sure.
And that quote was 1 of his better 1's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 07:01 pm:

Just hang on Mike. It's supposed to be in the fifties from Sunday into next week. It will all be better when you can see green grass again. You're not the only one coping with cabin fever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 08:09 pm:

Thanks Kevin. I'm to the point where I won't walk the 5 feet from the door of the house to the door of the shop. I was going to ask you of any good radiator shops in Minnesota. We had the best in the area but he left. The guy that came in and took over his business and for that matter the others in the St Cloud area aren't very good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 08:27 pm:

Kevin & Mike
Just make sure that your looking down at the grass not up at it.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 08:33 pm:

"Any day above ground is a good day."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 08:40 pm:

Mike, Maybe you ought to give serious consideration to Texoma T's job offer and move to Sherman, Texas. 1. It never snows enough to have to shovel it. 2. You'd have something all year long to keep you from going crazy 3. You'll be around some nice southern folks, and $. You'd get to drive your T or T's, all year round.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 09:00 pm:

Terry - I assume your last post was directed to Mike G, not me. I agree with all of your points, and those are some of the reasons why I live where I do, not too far north of you. I just don't understand why anyone would want to live in that "frozen white wasteland" way up north. I'll take the ticks and chiggers any day. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 09:42 pm:

Hey, we've got ticks, lots of 'em, I don't know about chiggers though. I've never had them. We've got as many mosquitoes as any Southern swamp, but that's because of our 10,000 lakes and 100,000 sloughs and swamps. When I was overseas in the military we had mosquitoes and there was a guy in my squad that caught some kind of shelled seafood bug in his privates while on a trip to Danang. Are chiggers like crabs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 10:17 pm:

We have surplus mosquitoes, but no ticks or chiggers! And for that I'm grateful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 10:41 pm:

Tyrone... thanks for the info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 10:43 pm:

Mike from MN... sad to say but have met some like you were joking about. Was a good read... now, can you hook me up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 11:04 pm:

Chris, I would like to set the record straight. Tyrone is mistaken. We've never worked on one of Jay Leno's cars at the school. He is a large supporter of the program, though. Despite that common error, McPherson College would be a good place to start. Just about the only one of your requirements that we can't meet is the 25+ years of experience, but there are a lot of talented students.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 02:11 am:

I've got the hands on experience for most of those jobs, but at this point in my life, I don't want to be responsible for "managing" a group of people!
And then there's the matter of bringing my own hand tools--that would take a U-Haul!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 09:16 am:

Well if you know anybody that is interested please keep me in mind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 05:10 pm:

Jared... are you associated with the school? While I am seeking a manager with a vast background we are also seeking techs. Would love to discuss the students once we move to the larger shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 03:07 am:

Mike G! I love your cabin fever rants! They make me feel almost functional.

I do hope Chris Dailledouze finds and gets the good people he needs. A few years ago, it could have been a good fit for me. However, between taking care of my ailing wife, and what the school district did to me the last several years, I lack enough sanity to be considered myself anymore. (How many spotted that perfect linguistic faux pas in the previous sentence?) (I don't know who I am?)
Besides, I really do NOT want to move all my stuff again. This is the third home I have had that I wanted to never leave until it is I in a pine box.
Chris D, I hope you put a wanted listing in the classifieds. You can "bump it to the top" occasionally to keep it from slipping way down and out of sight.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT J STEINER on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 07:38 am:

I'm over qualified for that position $$$$$$

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 01:34 pm:

Chris, I'm currently a student at the college. This is my senior year. I'll be moving to Illinois after graduation, though. I'm sure there are plenty of other good students who will need internships or jobs in the near future.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 04:22 pm:

Chris - have you considered hiring 25 people with 1 year of experience each to fill the job needing 25 years of experience?

On the other hand I know of someone that has 1 year of experience 25 times over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 07:42 pm:

Simple mind?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 09:04 pm:

Having a hard time counting over 24
I use all my fingers and toes followed by two round things, a stick and a nose
How do I get to 25 when I am appendage deficient?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Stevens on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 09:38 am:

Chris, Where in Sherman are you? I grew up in Sherman/Denison. I've had my hands on many old muscle cars in my days. My shop currently holds a '56 T-Bird, '60 Corvette, '27 Model T Coupe and a '95 Viper RT/10. And a few more out back. Would look forward to visiting your new enterprise next time I'm down home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 07:01 pm:

Fred... give it a rest stopped being funny like six attempts ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 07:02 pm:

We are off Highway 56. Look me up when your in the area.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration