OT - Hey I got something like that

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Hey I got something like that
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 07:57 pm:

So I'm sitting in my chair, looking at eBay listings and come upon this listing 251310771318

So went over to my book shelf and sure enough I dug an old book I paid a couple bucks for a few years back. My questions are: is this book known in antique automobile circles? Does it have any value? The book on ebay is 6th edition and mine is 7th edition from 1913. Theirs is in good condition, mine, though all there is in less than good condition. It's intact, I mean the hard covers are on it but the back cover is split on the inside. Also the spine of the book is missing the top 1/4 inch. I'll try to post a photo from my phone. I'm sorry, it didn't work! I'm not able to adjust the file size on my iPhone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 09:07 pm:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1895-1907-1908-Self-Propelled-Vehicles-Buick-Ford-Rambler -Pope-Duryea-Winton-Reo-/251310771318

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 09:09 pm:

Don't let Rob see this book.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 09:31 pm:

Dave, I was looking at it and all I could think of was, if somebody had a library of these types of books. I wouldn't sell it. I'd talk to a library about it. Then of course Rob, Hal, Royce and a few others came to mind. Now I don't want to say I'm confused (that's always a thing with me, I'm mean, you know, confused) about what to do with it. It kind of fits with a couple of my Ford books but for the most part they're new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 02:41 am:

I have either that book or a similar one. Got it at an estate sale years ago--can't verify it, as the books are in storage (rats!).

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration