The Renu Gas Tank Process Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: The Renu Gas Tank Process Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Jarrett on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 08:47 pm:

I just had my 1926 gas tank sealed with the Renu Process, because you can not buy a new tank. I had the dealer in California do the tank. I have some questions.

I had a bad experience with Por-15 once so I decided to go with Renu.

The shop that I took it to. Told me about 14 days to get it fixed, and they would call me. On day 18 I called to check on the gas tank. They answered the phone. I told them that I was calling to check on my gas tank.They said,"Is that it." Then hung up the phone.Called 5 days later and it was finished.They never did call me.

Pick it up and was highly disappointed. Especially for the price I paid. Everyone that I showed it to told me it looks like a rush job. Or they did not care about the job.

The inside of the tank is nice and smooth. I told them what would be visible on the outside of the tank. They coated the entire outside of the tank. It looks like they put glue on the tank and through pee gravel at it, and then coated it.

Is the outside suppose to be that rough? I have not contacted the main office yet. To see what they have to say. Need a few days to cool off first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 09:38 pm:

They come back pretty rough on the outside, like a bed liner type material.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter C. Strebeck on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 10:18 pm:

That just sounds like a poorly run shop to me. I have had a few tanks done and have never had that kind of treatment or results. I lost the pictures of the tanks that I had done before when the previous computer took a powder. The body shop just had a little bit of work to do where the holes were cut in the tank. Once I got the tank back the paint color was so deep and smooth, it looked like you could swim in it. It definitely looks and sounds like a rush job and someone wasn't paying attention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 11:08 pm:

Kevin, new tanks are listed at www.snydersantiqueauto.com..

Part #T-2900.

I have an oval one with loose baffling that U can have if u want it. Will you be at the meeting tomorrow night? I can have it there if you can use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 11:11 pm:

Sorry Kevin. I reread your post. The tank I have is not for the "new" Ts. (26/27)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration