Old Photo - Brass Era Climbing Steps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Brass Era Climbing Steps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 10:41 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 10:45 am:

He is getting lots of "stares" from the onlookers too |0)
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 10:53 am:

Perhaps when we have trouble getting plates for our cars we could drive them into the license agency like pictured above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 11:05 am:

This is when the government started to become afraid of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 11:17 am:

carb could start running out of gas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 11:41 am:

I would be concerned with running out of oil for the front bearings !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 11:55 am:

Crazy folks and Model Ts aren't something new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:15 pm:

Exactly what are you inferring, Warren? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:40 pm:

Guy looks like he's giving that low pedal everything he's got. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:55 pm:

Is this and early effort at handicapped parking near the front door? Note that he has apparently already unloaded his mother-in-law from the rear seat. I also love the boot mud scraper at the bottom of the stairs; today, someone would trip over that and sue them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 01:18 pm:

A mother-in-law in the back seat can be a consideration when climbing steep inclines. In the 70's on Sundays my cousin and I would take his new Buick and go get his mother-in-law, bringing her home for Sunday dinner. He had a steep uphill driveway and every Sunday he'd goose the accelerator a little at just the right time causing the rear bumper to scrape the pavement. He'd then look over his shoulder and say, "Too much weight in the back seat".

She was an old school Sicilian woman and would just scowl at him. It's a miracle he survived that period of his life. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 11:52 pm:

I think his brakes failed and he ended up there by accident. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 12:32 am:

Early version of a Drive In movie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 10:51 am:

An earlier Ford doing the same thing. This time at a wedding:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Phillips on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 10:23 pm:

I think I would try reversing up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 10:40 pm:

Early secret service? Bud,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 11:48 pm:

Naw, just early AAA.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration