Old photo - firefighting with a Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old photo - firefighting with a Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 11:06 am:

From the net w/o any details. I think it looks like a 1924, given the high radiator looking cowl
and the angle of the door likely caused by a pre 25 hinge.
firefighting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:19 pm:

Wonder why they didn't direct drive the pump? Think it's geared up or down? Interesting that they used a hand pump to prime the centrifugal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:19 pm:

I would say low radiator.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 01:16 pm:

It's geared up. Centrifugal pumps need to go fast. The pump was made by Jaeger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 01:22 pm:

WOW! I didn't know a radiator held that much water!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 04:24 pm:

Under axle radius rods and demountable wheels point to a '19 or later car. Low radiator could be up to mid '23. Sloped windshield could be mid '23 or an earlier Canadian car. Might even be pre '22 forged truss rods. I'm guessing early '23 or '19-'22 Canadian. Any thoughts?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration