Is this rare?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Is this rare?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Melbourne, Australia on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 11:47 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:05 pm:

In USA the chain drive solution for high tension magnetos seems to be rare but not here in Sweden - though most were homemade in the 30's or later when the T engines were used as threshing engines. Never saw a KW chain drive, but Bosch did market their version both in USA and Sweden.

Here is a Dixie version: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/375902.html?1374535682
And here is a page from Bosch News in 1923 showing their chain drive:
bosch news

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:13 pm:

I had a bosch chain drive on my table at Chickasha, never saw anybody look at it.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:31 pm:

Charley I specifically asked folks to look for me any type of accessory magneto drive because I'd really like to get it. What are you asking for it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Melbourne, Australia on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:42 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:48 pm:

Seth! send me your e-mail so I can send pixs.it was $750.00 with the right mag, obo. charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration