Halogen lights, questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Halogen lights, questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:51 pm:

A friend of mine called asking about the halogen light conversions. I don't know much so I thought I would ask the experts here.
He wants to adapt them for a 1912 REO truck that has no generator.
Will they run off of a battery long enough to be of any use?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 02:06 pm:

Herb, I would direct him toward led lights they do not use to many amps off a battery. I have seen tractor units that are used for night plowing ect. Have him look at a tractor store for led's or Pep boys for driving lights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 05:15 pm:

I fitted some Hella driving lights which have perfect reflectors. I love them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 05:41 pm:

Herb-
Does his 1912 REO have acetylene lights?
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By frank b on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 05:46 pm:

PIAA

PIAA 550 driving lights with yellow lens, mounted in stock headlamp rings, had an xtra set just sitting around.

work just great, yes it is a 12v system

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 09:16 pm:

Yes they are Victor acetylene lights. They are the same size as Model T Ford. So he is contemplating the halogen conversions that the vendors are selling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 01:40 am:

How 'bout mounting an acetylene tank and using them they way they were intended? It will raise the "cool factor."

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 02:05 am:

Herb; I use an acetylene tank mounted on the running board and it works great. You can use a standard size B tank with Prest-O-Lite brackets, you just need to go to the welding shop and get the B tank with the outlet mounted off center; that one is designed to be mounted on it's side. You mount it with the outlet high up so there is no problem with the acetone in the tank polluting the acetylene. I use my headlights often, and that's the setup I use.... works great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 07:26 am:

I have the Halogen light kits from Lang's installed on my '12. Very satisfied with them. I don't have any sort of charging system, the lamps have been used for up to four hours while driving around looking at Christmas lights with no sign of battery drain. The battery in my car is a tiny 12V car battery, the cheapest one Pep Boys sells.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 06:21 pm:

Thank you all. I will see of he reads this tonight.
I like the idea of using them as they were intended.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 08:10 pm:

Herb, I changed my 26 Tudor to Halogen lights all the way around including the interior light. I thing the headlights are as bright as my Lincoln...I love them...

Chet

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration