Old Photo - Brass Era Posing By The Pond

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Brass Era Posing By The Pond
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 11:41 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 12:08 am:

I love diamond-tufted upholstery, long, slanty, brass windshield braces, stepped wooden bodies that have no front doors and "flying" rear fenders that only wrap 1/4 of the way around the wheels. The only visual deficiency of these early cars is the lack of hood louvers.

Isn't it interesting how the Model T Fords of 1927, which, in their most essential and basic sense were the same machine as those built in 1909, bore so little visual resemblance to each other?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 12:36 am:

Love these old pics, hard times yes, happier times, probably.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 01:33 am:

Thanks, Jay.
Nice detail on the pinstripe. Notice there is NO strip on the lower section of the body below the doors. Also the vertical stripe on the front and back of the hood. A stripe goes along each side of the center hood hinge. No "boxes" on the hood.
Another interesting item is the top boot.
I can't tell if the speedometer road gear is brass plated. Looks pretty dark, and I can't see if the little rubber tips are on the windshield rods, either.

Nice picture!

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 07:19 am:

I don't know, John. They don't look real happy.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 08:41 am:

That is one sweet lookin' car, and Hal, I agree...looks like those gals were sucking on pickles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 09:56 am:

Great picture.
Thanks again.
Rich

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration