Bending brake pedal....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Bending brake pedal....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 07:55 am:

I need to bend the brake pedal to the right about 1/8" to keep from rubbing the floorboard when pressed. Can that be done cold or do I need to add a little heat? There's no issue with snapping it off is there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 07:58 am:

No problem bending it cold. Be careful if you have an aluminum hogshead, a friend with a second pipe wrench or similar to hold it at the base when bending would save the hogshead from excessive forces.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 04:05 pm:

Need to make one of these offset pedal bending tools. Using a monkey wrench or a pipe wrench there is hard, but do-able....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 07:09 pm:

David, a small adjustment like yours can be done cold. I use two crescent wrenches to do the job. The first is closed across the pedal shank. The second is closed across the jaws of the first. This means you are cranking the pedal at right angles and there is no twisting involved.

Hope this helps.

Allan from down under.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration