Old Photo - Roadside Rest Stop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Roadside Rest Stop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 11:46 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 08:03 pm:

Here is a picture of a period correct rest stop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Deckman, Ogden Utah on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 05:24 pm:

lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:03 pm:

I wonder what all those snaps are on the front seat of the touring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 05:08 am:

Larry,

They look like bright plated trim upholstery tacks to me. New or repaired seat upholstery? Top looks really nice and new also. Just a guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 07:43 am:

Texas didn't have outhouses at rest areas during that period. To be period correct, it would have been white steps over the fence and trail leading behind the brush. :-)

It was well into the 50s and early 60s before Texas highways had "facilities". There were many "rest areas" with shade trees and picnic tables but no facilities other than steps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 10:30 am:

We were on a Saturday tour several years ago and stopped at an antique shop,out back was an outhouse with a satellite dish and a basement apartment for rent sign, i have a picture somewhere but can't locate it.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 11:00 am:

i'm sure everyone knows about this world famous 2 story out house near me http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooper-Bowler-Hillstrom_House

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 11:32 am:

Neat photo.

Larry: Those snaps are most likely holding in seat covers....how else would those gals and guys keep those white shirts so clean :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 06:55 pm:

Can't have a story about out houses without including a brick one.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/29012
The two story out house at Cedar Lake is only a few miles from me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:37 pm:

I've been to Nevada City Montana and have seen the two story outhouse. I have to admit I was impressed with the ingenuity however very concerned for the well-being of the person on the first floor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 08:55 pm:

There you are, sitting on the lower level, just getting comfortable, when a voice from above hollers..."Bombs Away."

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration