Carb Illustration

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Carb Illustration
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Stevens on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 01:50 pm:

Does anyone have a breakdown illustration of the carb for a '27 Coupe. It's a strange set up that I have and looking at Model Ts online I don't see many. Mine consists of a lower unit that the fuel line comes into then it goes up through some channel to the part that has the choke and throttle butterfly. It looks simple enough but I didn't want to remove it until I could visualize what's inside. I need to change the float housing gasket because it leaks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 01:58 pm:

Randy ; It looks to me that you have an Vaporizer.
When you put a picture on the forum, than we know what it is.
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 02:04 pm:

Here is a thread showing drawings of the Holley Vaporizer, be sure to scroll to the bottom to see the latest version of the drawing:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/416013.html

There were other companies that made vaporizer setups, so if yours doesn't match the Holley, it may be a Kingston or other brand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 06:22 am:

You didn't ask, but I'll tell you...if you mean the gasket between the bowl and the body, then you probably don't really need a new gasket. Your carb is flooding (fuel rising too high in the bowl) due to a faulty float or float valve. That gasket only keeps splashing fuel from seeping out of that joint while running. If fuel is leaking from that joint when the car is not running, then see above.

A vaporizor carb is an interesting device, but can be confusing compared to the more typical carb found on a T. Do yourself a favor and purchase the MTFCA carb repair book before you dig in. Vaporizors are prone to vacuum leaks due to their design, and if you're not careful, you'll do more harm than good if you're not aware of exactly how they operate. Good Luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Stevens on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 04:48 pm:

I have a vaporizer. Looks just like the illustration that Mark sent me a link to. Interesting piece of hardware. I'll have to study this awhile. The bowl stopped leaking after I had it running for awhile. Maybe the float was just stuck.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration