Whats the safest Model T route from the auto train in Sanford Florida to Rt 1

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Whats the safest Model T route from the auto train in Sanford Florida to Rt 1
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 04:07 pm:

I think I'm going to put the Touring car on the Auto Train and drive is from the Auto Train in Sanford Florida to Melbourne. Been trying to come up with the best way to get my car down there and still be able to use my enclose trailer to help make the move. I think driving it would be way more fun anyway. It looks like only maybe three hours or so. I can park it in my Father in Laws garage and fly home to get everything else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 04:57 pm:

I guess I should ask first, Has anyone taken their vintage car on the Auto Train?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 05:23 pm:

Good question, my neighbor has taken his Harley, and they allow him to ride it up onto the motorcycle cradle.

We took the wife's Buick Enclave and the train staff take the car and put it on the train, you bail out with hand luggage you need for overnite and leave the rest in your car.

Not real sure they let the owner drive the car onto the Autotrain cars. Call them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 07:53 pm:

What's an autotrain? We out west would like to know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 08:31 pm:

An Amtrak with auto carrying cars so you can take your ride with you from point A to point B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 01:06 pm:

Go by train and let your auto ride in a rail car behind you. From Washington DC to Orlando.

http://www.amtrak.com/auto-train

Price is somewhat stiff if you want a private w/bath sleeper room. But fun, get to the wine/beer car first thing as that one fills up as the train gets underway. Cost to DC is cheaper than DC to Orlando in the winter, as the snow birds are flocking south!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 01:15 pm:

I saw that about thirty years ago in Sonora and Chihuahua. Motor homes and other RV's riding a flatcar behind the passenger cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 02:13 pm:

I do not think Autotrain would be very popular in the west, it would mean that you would have to take the bus or fly to get your car, but if you had it shipped a couple of weeks early, it might be there by the time you arrive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 02:21 pm:

Go to the directions section at www.mapquest.com and type in Sanford, FL to Mebourne, FL, to get the shortest route, then zoom in on the map to find the alternate backroads along the same route and plot out the best route for you. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 02:23 pm:

PS. Some online route finders will give you directions based upon what you want. Fastest, shortest, least traffic, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 03:31 pm:

I called the Sanford police and asked directions. They told me to go 17-92 south west to 46 East to Rt 1 south.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration