Rayfield & Breeze

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Rayfield & Breeze
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 10:54 am:

Some of you at Chickasha saw the particularly nasty Rayfield F that some idiot had sandblasted with really coarse grit and a lot of air. I cleaned it up last night and thought you'd like to see what it looks like all apart. Also for the guy who draws the carb pics. The second pic is the Breeze carb I got that was painted red. They were mostly used on Hupmobile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 12:44 pm:

Stan It don't look too bad now:-) but I have also seen modern carb's totally destroyed by person's who dumped their aluminum paper weights in the non-solvent cleaners.... turns shiny aluminum black and porous I guess the ID10t forms are still available in bulk quantities

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 01:41 pm:

Looking good Stan. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 02:32 pm:

This is not aluminum, it is brass or bronze with an occasional piece of copper. Note there are no steel parts in the photos. They go in a different Ultrasonic and then get bead blasted and powder coated. These go through the Ultrasonic with brass cleaner, then are bead blasted, then through the Ultrasonic again the are rinsed and blown clean, passages blown, etc and finally are wire brushed with a stainless steel .006 brush. These are carbs I dunno, probably 800 or 900 or somewhere along in there. I don't do anything newer than 1930 unless it is brass. No pot metal, no Aluminum, no Cast Iron, no plastic, just brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 04:10 pm:

When I saw the title I thought it was a Vaudeville act!

Nice work as always Mr. Howe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl Gilchrist on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 04:27 am:

Lovely work Mr Howe. You're doing a lot of Hupmobile Breeze Carbs. Hopefully my one will come up as nice when its turn comes up in your shop -Karl

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration