OT - For every picture there's a story......

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - For every picture there's a story......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 07:41 pm:

While I don't know that this photo is related to the story below, I suspect it is:

From the Collections of The Henry Ford, Copy and Reuse Restrictions Apply

"The Plain Dealer" (Cleveland OH), November 23, 1906:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 11:29 pm:

i thought i had a bad job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 12:10 am:

That's a pretty portly acrobat. I guess the padding makes him impervious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 01:17 am:

Are you sure that is not governor Chris. Christy under the car? haha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 06:59 am:

They forgot to mention that the acrobat was a Pierce Arrow owner :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 09:40 am:

Looks like something you'd see in a Laurel and Hardy show!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 12:05 pm:

Six passengers estimated at 800 pounds seems a little light. That would be only 133 lbs per person. I would think it would be more like 1,000 pounds of passengers.

How often did the Model K come with a spotlight and prestolite tank?

Is that an exhaust whistle?

Nice pic.

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 02:16 pm:

This Model K is really "decked out'" with spotlight, lights, and exhaust whistles (largest I've seen).

I sounds as though the car comes on stage to run over this "acrobat" (variety house). I can't imagine the news clip goes with anything other than this photo (unless there were two Model K "running over" someone as entertainment. The Model K is the 1906 version, but with the second generation radiator, so it could match the news account date (Nov 1906).

I guess this is what one did before cable TV and the internet.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration