Fairly Old Photo- Half T in Country Victoria Museum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Fairly Old Photo- Half T in Country Victoria Museum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 08:07 am:

On a trip, in the 1980's we visited the country museum in Kerang, Victoria. I was fascinated by a car made using many T parts, and powered by a T engine cut in half. Unfortunately I was only able to take one photograph (film was expensive!). I have never been able to re-visit the museum to get more details of the car.

Perhaps someone here has photographed it at some time, or perhaps there is someone in Victoria who lives close by and could visit the museum to gather more information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 06:28 pm:

Dane,
The car is still in Kerang in the same location. We visited with the club while in Kerang celebrating the local Ford dealerships Centenary. Amazingly the block is an early 09-11 style which was cut in half. The car is a home built local car built back in the teens from available parts.A very interesting vehicle. If you are in the area again take the opportunity to look it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 08:10 pm:

Any photos Warwick? Would be very interested in any engine details. I can remember some of it, but it was a long time ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 08:36 pm:

It looks like a mini 1926 Bugatti to me!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Medhurst - Melbourne, Australia on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 11:39 pm:

I took pics on the Rally Warwick mentioned. Will try and post them. Russell
Half T at Kerang CICHalf T in Kerang VicHalf T in Kerang VicHalf T in Kerang Vic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 06:17 am:

Cool, influenced by the cycle car era, I think. I wonder if it has a friction transmission connected to the rear axle by a chain?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 05:50 am:

Thanks Russell. Obviously the car is being presented a lot better in recent years. Pity about those lamps on it, IMHO they look so much out of place.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration