Correct Dust Pan For 1925?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Correct Dust Pan For 1925?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Rogers on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 09:38 am:

Hey Guys, looking for a picture of the correct right side (under the carb) engine dust pan for a 1925 coupe. I searched the forum but have not found anything. Any help would be much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 09:48 am:

I believe the vendors catalogs have a pic of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 10:24 am:

The reproductions are generic for 19-27 and while they do fit the space, the opening for the carb drain bowl is also generic, a big long football oval.

The '23-'25 uses a depression like bowl centered under the NH carb so that the drain plug is reached. The '19-'22 has bowl positioned more forward, as those used the offset bowl drain carbs.

Here is only pic I have now, the pan is on the car. This view is under the car, but maybe you can see the depression 'round cup' for the drain hole.

View from top of front edge of pan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 10:27 am:

The correct ones are NOT available. Recently, I took a NOS RH dust pan with two holes in it to Rootlieb, and told him I wanted the same exact thing with only one hole. I now have the correct one on my car. I told him he could keep the pattern for future use, but whether he did or not is not known. The last ones Ford made had two holes, to accomodate both the standard carburetor, and the vaporizer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 10:29 am:

BTW, the picture that Dan Posted has the 1924 style engine pan on it. The '25-6 rh engine pan are all by themselves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Rogers on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 11:16 am:

Thanks much Larry and Dan. I found a two hole pan so I'm assuming it will fit ok even though it's not original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 12:12 pm:

Is this the two hole pan that Tim is talking about? I saw this on T-bay, is it a reproduction, or original? If original, what years would it be correct for? Thanks.

pan01

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 04:35 pm:

Here are two pics of the engine pans (dust pans) that came off of the 24 Coupe oct serial no. that I inherited from my Granfather in 1958.

He bought it in 1942 so I am thinking they are original. You can see the carb side has the round bowl on it. Langs advertises the ones he has for this era are dupicates. But they arent like the carb side like this one is.

panpans

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:11 pm:

As I mentioned before, the engine pan posted above is 1924, and most likely 1923 too. I suppose a complete article could be written on these. The two hole one pictured above is the '27 version, which was made to accomodate the L-4, NH, and also the vaporizer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Rogers on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 09:37 pm:

Mark, that is the two hole pan I won on e-bay. I've been looking for 2 years (unsuccessfully) for the correct pan so I settled for this one.

Thanks everybody.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration