March April Vintage Ford coil box picture story

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: March April Vintage Ford coil box picture story
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 02:23 pm:

My Vintage Ford was delivered here last week and I have been reading it very carefully. There is an excellent 12 page picture story about coil box and ignition switch restoration. It was written by Milt Webb and is part one of a two part very complete restoration (how to) complete with many color photographs. It goes by the year and is a real keeper.

The rest of the magazine is also very interesting, informative and newsy. I will not file this one in the usual manner by month and year. It goes in the (Special File)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 03:13 pm:

Frank, I'll make sure Milt gets your good words. We are fortunate to have him in our club. He does lots of volunteer work at The California Auto Museum, formerly called The Towe Automobile Museum, here in Sacramento.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 04:34 pm:

Hal, I used to be a Technical Writer and Illustrator. I became a professional 62 years ago. I attended many schools, The Art Center School of Design was the most informative. I taught the subjects at the college level for many years. Mr. Webb is a treasure and you are lucky to have him in your midst.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Burton on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 09:11 pm:

Indeed, a very nice article. But, is no one concerned that the test setups have no return from the frame/case to the negative terminal? With the spark going to the frame/case with no ground or return there will be an additional arc somewhere which may be inside the coil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, May 12, 2014 - 02:18 pm:

The other great article is the one by Mike Kossor on coil performance in real life useage documented in his TDAS ( Model T Data Acquisition System ) after calibration with his ECCT system vs HCCT calibration.... interesting & promising.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration